Join for free
Page 9 of 14 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 06:42 AM

Re: New House New Project

That's a lovely looking property Summer, well done.

Any buying/moving pitfalls because of lockdown?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 09:50 AM

Nope no real problems except because of the stamp duty holiday everyone was so busy trying to move before it expired its been extended now so it might be easier.

My problems are more here and now not being able to source things in shops is frustrating you can buy online but I like to see things..most my buying right now is with Screwfix...although I have bought a full set of flat pack bedroom furniture from a company in Essex...hope I don't regret it.

I've just bought a five metre high decorating platform too because I was going to get decorators for the main sitting room but the Yorkshire in me wouldn't allow me to pay for something I can do myself for much less....the ceiling is very high though so I needed it and I know I will use it elsewhere.

Have you decided to move yet? If so...good luck
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Nope no real problems except because of the stamp duty holiday everyone was so busy trying to move before it expired its been extended now so it might be easier.

My problems are more here and now not being able to source things in shops is frustrating you can buy online but I like to see things..most my buying right now is with Screwfix...although I have bought a full set of flat pack bedroom furniture from a company in Essex...hope I don't regret it.

I've just bought a five metre high decorating platform too because I was going to get decorators for the main sitting room but the Yorkshire in me wouldn't allow me to pay for something I can do myself for much less....the ceiling is very high though so I needed it and I know I will use it elsewhere.

Thanks

Our place goes on the market next Tuesday. I know what the stamp duty should be on whatever we buy ...
https://www.gov.uk/stamp-duty-land-t...property-rates
.... before the end of June ... hopefully.

EDIT .... I was going to say I don't know what happens if we miss the deadline, but that webpage has been recently updated, now explains all.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 02:27 PM

That looks absolutely gorgeous Summer and I wish you well with your plans.

A 5 metre high platform for decorating?

I hope you bought a parachute too?

I'm with you on seeing things before you buy them when it's for the home especially but hopefully the shops will open as planned in just over a week's time, hurrah!
Double the reason to enjoy yourself.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
A 5 metre high platform for decorating?
Gotta be a typo. I estimate (from the photo) that the from ground level to guttering is somewhere around 4.5m
Suspect it should read 5'.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 06:40 PM

This is the platform I purchased

Superb 5m DIY Aluminium Scaffold Tower Scaffold (Tubesca First 5)

You dont have to build it to the 5 metre level just the level you need
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2021, 10:35 PM

This is the platform I purchased

Superb 5m DIY Aluminium Scaffold Tower Scaffold (Tubesca First 5)

You dont have to build it to the 5 metre level just the level you need
I stand corrected. Nice bit of kit, plus selling it on ebay when you're done will get a reasonable return.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

04-04-2021, 02:26 AM

Summer, I highly recommend you get yourself a hop up such as https://www.screwfix.com/p/mac-allis...-x-900mm/6409p

So useful in and around the house for a whole host of jobs
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire

04-04-2021, 06:57 AM

Thanks for the recommendation Dex I can see the sense in that ...I will order one later on my Puter I'm on my phone now...I took some pictures of the height in parts of the house ...you'll see the sense of the platform. I'll post them later.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-04-2021, 07:32 AM

You won't TOWIE.

Page 9 of 14 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top