Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 11:11 PM

Is It Important That You Are Liked?

Or, are you like me and think people have two choices? They either like you, or they don’t!!

I feel sad, that it upsets some people if they feel they aren’t liked and yearn other people’s approval and affection.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 11:32 PM

Re: Is It Important That You Are Liked?

I am a very secure person “ now”....I don’t need anyone to like me or agree with my posts.

I am very true to myself, I can’t be controlled by another.....but have been in the past growing up.

I had to be how my parents wanted me to be, it was very hard, my own mind wasn’t allowed to develop as a child growing up,I couldn’t answer back and if i did on the rare occasion,I would be rejected, I couldn’t stand rejection so went along unknowingly with the conditioning and brainwashing...didn’t see it at the time, but did once into adulthood as I explained.

My own mind started developing from around the age of 38....in other words I started seeing and understanding / questioning for myself.

I don’t believe I have any insecurities in the “ Being Liked” area.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2021, 11:35 PM

So long as a few people like you it doesn't matter about the ones who don't.

I posted this on my face book page only the other day.
I think it says it all..

Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 12:38 AM

I like to be liked but as I got older I've realised it doesn't matter if you arent liked by some. What matters is that you like who you are yourself after all we have to live with ourself. Who gives s flying eff if there are ones that don't like you , their problem not ours. As long as we are true to ourselves thats all that matters . Saying that to be respected means more than to be liked.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
So long as a few people like you it doesn't matter about the ones who don't.

I posted this on my face book page only the other day.
I think it says it all..

So true this carol
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 01:55 AM

I think the most important person you have to like is yourself because not everyone is going to like you. Generally speaking I don’t really care if people like me. Sometimes I go through paranoid stages where I care FAR too much and it’s unhealthy thinking. I get along well with the people I need to. When I go out I get along with others well. That’s all that’s needed for me.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I like to be liked but as I got older I've realised it doesn't matter if you arent liked by some. What matters is that you like who you are yourself after all we have to live with ourself. Who gives s flying eff if there are ones that don't like you , their problem not ours. As long as we are true to ourselves thats all that matters . Saying that to be respected means more than to be liked.
Exactly!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 03:16 AM

It's important whether I like myself. You can always change the opinion of other people, no matter what it has been in the past, but you have to like yourself and accept yourself first. Being your own best friend and being on your own side is what counts.

I would say it's more difficult during lockdown/pandemonium we have at present because you have that layer of communication removed. So people are either more vulnerable to thinking they are not liked or they are more vulnerable to liking themselves far too much.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
I think the most important person you have to like is yourself because not everyone is going to like you. Generally speaking I don’t really care if people like me. Sometimes I go through paranoid stages where I care FAR too much and it’s unhealthy thinking. I get along well with the people I need to. When I go out I get along with others well. That’s all that’s needed for me.
You read my mind Bratti. That's pretty much exactly what I think. As I have said many many times before on this forum, I am a lucky person. I didn't earn my luck it. I didn't win it. I didn't buy it. I think it came from choosing my parents wisely and being born in a place where I didn't have to fight every day for mere survival. If you feel lucky you tend to be I find. So I usually get on with most people. If I find out I'm not liked by a person or persons in any situation I don't automatically blame them. So yes I like to be liked but I don't live my life expecting to be. I reckon you get what you give in life. And that includes liking. You have to like to be liked. It doesn't matter how intelligent you are or how many degrees you have. IT doesn't matter how much money or power you have. If despite all that, you still selfishly treat people and the world around you like garbage and just want more and more without giving a thing or lifting a finger to help anybody else, well that makes you a total bastard. And the best you can hope for is to be feared. Not much chance of being liked.

And to go along with some prevailing thoughts..The above is entirely....."JMO" ….
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada

06-04-2021, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
You read my mind Bratti. That's pretty much exactly what I think. As I have said many many times before on this forum, I am a lucky person. I didn't earn my luck it. I didn't win it. I didn't buy it. I think it came from choosing my parents wisely and being born in a place where I didn't have to fight every day for mere survival. If you feel lucky you tend to be I find. So I usually get on with most people. If I find out I'm not liked by a person or persons in any situation I don't automatically blame them. So yes I like to be liked but I don't live my life expecting to be. I reckon you get what you give in life. And that includes liking. You have to like to be liked. It doesn't matter how intelligent you are or how many degrees you have. IT doesn't matter how much money or power you have. If despite all that, you still selfishly treat people and the world around you like garbage and just want more and more without giving a thing or lifting a finger to help anybody else, well that makes you a total bastard. And the best you can hope for is to be feared. Not much chance of being liked.

And to go along with some prevailing thoughts..The above is entirely....."JMO" ….

Deleted.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top