Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 09:17 AM

Re: Is It Important That You Are Liked?

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I am a very secure person “ now”....I don’t need anyone to like me or agree with my posts.

I am very true to myself, I can’t be controlled by another.....but have been in the past growing up.

I had to be how my parents wanted me to be, it was very hard, my own mind wasn’t allowed to develop as a child growing up,I couldn’t answer back and if i did on the rare occasion,I would be rejected, I couldn’t stand rejection so went along unknowingly with the conditioning and brainwashing...didn’t see it at the time, but did once into adulthood as I explained.

My own mind started developing from around the age of 38....in other words I started seeing and understanding / questioning for myself.

I don’t believe I have any insecurities in the “ Being Liked” area.
Good for you girl.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 09:22 AM

To be perfectly honest I really couldn't care less.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Good for you girl.

Thank you,
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 09:41 AM

It's nice to be liked, but life isn't a popularity contest. If they don't like me I have no problem with it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 10:27 AM

Having spent many years with a stepmother who drummed into me that there was nothing about me to like, I grew up disliking everything about myself and couldn't understand why anyone else would like me either.

That has been the case most of my life, I know now that I have the love and respect of my child and grandchildren, nothing and no one else matters
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Having spent many years with a stepmother who drummed into me that there was nothing about me to like, I grew up disliking everything about myself and couldn't understand why anyone else would like me either.

That has been the case most of my life, I know now that I have the love and respect of my child and grandchildren, nothing and no one else matters
Your bonding with your son, reminds me of mine, i wonder if it’s to do with, raising them as a single mother, in your case a widow.

It’s like an unbreakable bond that we have, ....a very healthy relationship, I seldom bother him ,because of his business commitments.....but there in a flash if I seriously needed him, like the time of my heart operation in London, he got the wrong information from a nurse, he was led to believe I was having severe complications, he downed tools and was straight to my bedside, by taxi.. he even cried on seeing me....that was a very touching moment for me.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
To be perfectly honest I really couldn't care less.
Ditto.

As far as I'm concerned the question is up there with worrying about whether or not the neighbours have got a better car or where they're going on holiday, or if your brother-in-law earns more than you do.

It's a pointless concern.
Completely and utterly pointless.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 11:50 AM

I don't give a hoot if anyone likes me or not. I am who I am and if you don't like it then stay away from me.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I don't give a hoot if anyone likes me or not. I am who I am and if you don't like it then stay away from me.

Like it or not, I like you, Roxy!

Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
It's nice to be liked, but life isn't a popularity contest. If they don't like me I have no problem with it.

So, if you went for a job interview, you wouldn't make a special attempt to be liked/selected?

i.e. "it's not a competition"

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top