Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 09:42 AM

Re: She’s back – Greta Thunberg!

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
What really matters much more than anything is that she's correct - and she is.
She is, and its sad that she isn't being taken seriously and is even mocked in some cases, because she is seen as a "little angry girl". If she was older and perhaps qualified as some sort of "expert" would she be taken more seriously?
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 09:42 AM

I agree and making of fun of her looks is disappointing for people old enough to know better.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That is unfair.
Well it's really not unfair...............you've stated your opinion and I've stated mine! As far as I'm aware we still live in a democracy, so if you don't like my opinion, feel free to say that.............but my opinion stands!!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
Well it's really not unfair...............you've stated your opinion and I've stated mine! As far as I'm aware we still live in a democracy, so if you don't like my opinion, feel free to say that.............but my opinion stands!!
Actually freedom of expression other than in a vote has nothing to do with democracy.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 02:24 PM

I like her
I think she's a gutsy, intelligent young woman.
Her autism probably explains her black and white view of the world but I find that refreshing.
If she is taking a year off to keep learning about the science behind climate change and green alternatives then I'm right behind her. Bringing world leaders and big company bosses to account can only be a good thing.
The UK is investing massively in green technologies already and that makes me feel proud. I'm sure other bigger countries could do even more.

Btw, I have seen many pictures of Greta smiling and she looks like exactly what she is, a kind, principled teenager who is following a burning passion to keep this beautiful planet safe. She has gone on record to say that she doesn't want to be doing all of this, she wishes she didn't have to but unless things change she'll keep speaking up. The time-line is tight.

More power to your elbow Greta Thunberg!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
For anyone who’s interested in what she has to say there’s a programme on BBC1 21:00 Monday 12 April 2021. This is also on iPlayer shortly after the broadcast, see link.

Greta Thunberg: A Year to Change the World

"Climate activist Greta Thunberg takes a year off school to explore the science of global warming and challenge world leaders, calling for action on climate change."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p099f58d
We won't be watching the BBC's woke love in documentary on Greta the Gremlin.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 03:13 PM

I shall definitely be watching.
I was seriously impressed after watching *I am Greta* on the beeb.
She is such a tiny little thing ,wise beyond her years the voice of mankind’s survival .
She’s been mocked and talked down to but is still there whilst the likes of Trump first to call global warming a hoax has lost all credibility.

Greta has my vote.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 03:37 PM

I don't make fun of Greta because she is dangerous....
She doesn't care about you or me and all the thousands of people who could possibly lose their jobs and livelyhoods, because of her tantrums and pressure upon governments to pay homage to the green way of thinking.

She is on the Autism spectrum, and these people have an uncanny ability to remember things in great detail, that is why she was chosen (as well as being a child) they can remember great amounts of things and then regurgitate it later, they don't have a clue about what it means. She lives in a fairytale world where the economic and social issues do not exist.

They must have searched high and low for such a candidate to memorise the rhetoric and act it out on the world stage. There is something quite unnerving and unnatural about someone so young talking about things she would have no knowledge of, like a 60 year old brain inside the head of a child, or possibly even an android with no facial expression except one of anger.

I agree with an earlier comment about her saying things we don't want to hear. That's because I can see the consequences of her rantings, because the things she proposes are insane, and great amounts of time and money will be wasted on trying to prevent the inevitable.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
She's just somebody's puppet being fed an agenda....Using children is the latest advertising tool.....Aww Bless!

And by producing a bronze statue and crediting her with awards just projects her to godlike status......And the public just suck's it all up......
I feel sorry for the poor lass. She always looks immensely sad to me and needs scooping up for a prolonged cuddle. I am married to a passionate Swede from the same district, so to a certain extent I can understand the inner passion that drives her.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I don't make fun of Greta because she is dangerous....
She doesn't care about you or me and all the thousands of people who could possibly lose their jobs and livelyhoods, because of her tantrums and pressure upon governments to pay homage to the green way of thinking.

She is on the Autism spectrum, and these people have an uncanny ability to remember things in great detail, that is why she was chosen (as well as being a child) they can remember great amounts of things and then regurgitate it later, they don't have a clue about what it means. She lives in a fairytale world where the economic and social issues do not exist.

They must have searched high and low for such a candidate to memorise the rhetoric and act it out on the world stage. There is something quite unnerving and unnatural about someone so young talking about things she would have no knowledge of, like a 60 year old brain inside the head of a child, or possibly even an android with no facial expression except one of anger.

I agree with an earlier comment about her saying things we don't want to hear. That's because I can see the consequences of her rantings, because the things she proposes are insane, and great amounts of time and money will be wasted on trying to prevent the inevitable.
DANGEROUS !! OGF???
No, one child against the power of the status quo ??
It's a no contest imo ??
Just look what happened to brexit ??
That's the power of the status quo ??
Greta hasn't a chance !!

Donkeyman! ! IMO of course ??

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top