Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 06:14 PM

Re: Is It Important That You Are Liked?

Hi

Never bothered about being liked.

Far more concerned about being good at my job.

Hated by those I have sacked, respected by those I have not and supported.

That means so much more to me than being disliked by those who where lazy or took money.

They can swan off.

I had a royal pain the bum for years.

She was however right more often than she was wrong. a very good officer and now a big boss.

She is still an arse, but deserving of her status.

I am pleased she has got there and is now annoying Politicians I dislike intensely.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Never bothered about being liked.

Far more concerned about being good at my job.

Hated by those I have sacked, respected by those I have not and supported.

That means so much more to me than being disliked by those who where lazy or took money.

They can swan off.

I had a royal pain the bum for years.

She was however right more often than she was wrong. a very good officer and now a big boss.

She is still an arse, but deserving of her status.

I am pleased she has got there and is now annoying Politicians I dislike intensely.
Oooh, anyone we know of, Swimmy?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oooh, anyone we know of, Swimmy?
Hi

Nope, not Cressida Dick etc.

A female man in a suit, deep background, unnoticed but lethal.

Retired for some years now, I was scary, she scared me.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 06:29 PM

Probably it's nicer to be liked than disliked. However, I always treat people as I would wish to be treated myself, if anyone dislikes me for that then that's their problem entirely.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 06:54 PM

Liked?

It happens.

I've never considered the alternative.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 08:25 PM

There is a difference between being liked and being friendly. In either case the wrong word at the wrong time can wreck both.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2021, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Having spent many years with a stepmother who drummed into me that there was nothing about me to like, I grew up disliking everything about myself and couldn't understand why anyone else would like me either.

That has been the case most of my life, I know now that I have the love and respect of my child and grandchildren, nothing and no one else matters
Meg, when you finally shuck your mortal coil, if people can ask when remembering you, 'Was she well loved and did she love well'? and the answer is yes, then you have had a fulfilling life.

It don't matter a jot whether people liked you or not.
Heatherbelle
Canada
Heatherbelle is female  Heatherbelle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 01:56 AM

I believe everyone has a need for acceptance and to be liked. But you have to be likeable, yourself, in order to draw people to you. I personally would not go into a tizzy if someone didn’t like me and there are always certain people that seem to almost instinctively repel us for some unknown reason. Be yourself, love yourself and you will no doubt find yourself surrounded by similar people.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 06:53 AM

Sometimes its hard, finding Like Minded people, especially if an individual doesn't want to.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 07:45 AM

I don't think anyone would relish being disliked so I suppose its good to be liked....social media is a weird medium though ....its not always easy to see the real person.

I just get on with being me....my kids love me that'll do.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top