Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 08:44 AM

Re: Good Morning Wednesday.

Good morning everybody.

This morning I'm meeting my friend Chris at the Mill town of Belper.

We plan a walk round the nature reserve there & later a bag of chips to be eaten on a seat in the memorial gardens. I fear the grass will be frosty so think I'll put my proper walking boots on - they're none slip.

Daughter Sue is coming to keep Tony company for a bit & I will be back early afternoon.

I need to do a bit of cleaning & general tidy up when I get back.

That's my day... Have a good one everybody.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 09:09 AM

Good morning everybody on this very sunny but bitterly cold morning.
I've had to defrost the bird baths again this morning.

It's lovely seeing all your plans which now increasingly seem to involve getting out of the house.
I think I will wait a while for that.

Not because of isolation or anything but because our son is off for the school Easter holidays and things are not "normal" enough yet to do a great deal other than have a walk on the beach.
Which in honesty is often crowded with others from who-knows-where doing the same, not that I can really blame them when they've not been able to visit their holiday homes for so long.
When the campsites open next week I expect it's going to be extremely busy.

So it's more housework and garden jobs for me this week I suppose.

Have a lovely day everybody.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 09:38 AM

Good morning everyone I got up to a sprinkling of snow and it is cold and dull.

I am feeling very fragile after a bad night with hardly any sleep, I am going to have an easy day.
9kilos of frozen plumbs and gooseberries has just arrived so first job is to split the bags and get them in the freezer,
Lots of vitamin C there.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good morning everyone I got up to a sprinkling of snow and it is cold and dull.

I am feeling very fragile after a bad night with hardly any sleep, I am going to have an easy day.
9kilos of frozen plumbs and gooseberries has just arrived so first job is to split the bags and get them in the freezer,
Lots of vitamin C there.
Meg, where do you buy your frozen fruit? I grow and freeze a fair amount but there is usually little left at this time of year at least until the rhubarb is ready to pick, but the gooseberries then won't be ready until late June..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 10:12 AM

Good morning all very cold but dry today...

A worrying day for us, our daughter has an appointment in Oncology for a scan and biopsy. It’s times like this I wish I could give her a hug

Enjoy your day...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Meg, where do you buy your frozen fruit? I grow and freeze a fair amount but there is usually little left at this time of year at least until the rhubarb is ready to pick, but the gooseberries then won't be ready until late June..
Hi Barry I only discovered the growers the Snells during the first lockdown when I was shielding and couldn't buy fresh fruit or get a delivery from a supermarket.
The fruit farm is just a few miles from here but I have been unable to go in person because of lockdown. It has been on TV including Countryfile a number of times.
here you are...
https://www.frozenfruit.co.uk/

My first order was a disaster due to the carriers losing it for days and I got a refund. It has been a fantastic service since though I would avoid ordering in hot weather.
The fruit comes in polystyrene boxes with dry ice packs and is collected from the farm and travels by overnight carriers.
It arrives here frozen solid still.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Barry I only discovered the growers the Snells during the first lockdown when I was shielding and couldn't buy fresh fruit or get a delivery from a supermarket.
The fruit farm is just a few miles from here but I have been unable to go in person because of lockdown. It has been on TV including Countryfile a number of times.
here you are...
https://www.frozenfruit.co.uk/

My first order was a disaster due to the carriers losing it for days and I got a refund. It has been a fantastic service since though I would avoid ordering in hot weather.
The fruit comes in polystyrene boxes with dry ice packs and is collected from the farm and travels by overnight carriers.
It arrives here frozen solid still.
Many thanks Meg, I'll take a look
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

A worrying day for us, our daughter has an appointment in Oncology for a scan and biopsy. It’s times like this I wish I could give her a hug

Enjoy your day...
I will keep my fingers crossed for you because it can't be pleasant for any of you.
There will no doubt be a wait afterwards for results too.

Take heart though that at least you are here and are capable of being aware of your daughter's concerns and can provide reassurance and support if necessary too.
My own parents for example know nothing of my experiences because both have dementia of one form or another.

Chin up, and let's hope there's good news ahead.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->

Enjoy your day...
Mags, I hope everything is ok and its nothing more than a scare. These are horrible times for things like this. Thinking of you
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 04:10 PM

Good morning from overcast Florida. I just finished up a painting and am about to head out to the backyard to plant impatiens and giant elephant ears.

Like Zaphod, it is good to hear that so many of you are able to venture about!

Meg, I do hope you are feeling better as the day goes along. Take care.

Mags, you and your daughter are in my thoughts. Waiting for results is so trying, so I hope the results are back soon and you all can find some diversion in the meantime.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top