Join for free
Page 6 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 04:38 PM

Re: Chatted up.

You said you showed him your ring though you are not married and he continues to chat you up. Perhaps he knows you are not married. How would he know this? Small town? Maybe he asked someone who knows of your circumstances? Does he know your name? You would be surprised how much you can find out about someone and the various ways it can be achieved.

I used to work in the GRO (births, marriages and deaths) and many years ago, while at a friend's house one Saturday evening, I was persuaded to go to a party. I didn't want to go because I just had a hair cut and felt I looked like a plonker. I was also wearing new shoes which were a little tight fitting and uncomfortable. So, anyway my friend got the better of me and we traipsed off down the road to this house where the party was.

After spending about an hour supporting the kitchen door frame, I was about call it a night when this girl came rushing past with her hand over her mouth and threw up all over my new shoes! She continued on her way and I managed to clean up with some kitchen roll. She emerged from the bathroom, sought me out, and apologised profusely. We got chatting, joked about her introductory ways, and exchanged phone numbers. I said I would call her during the week. She had told me her name, where she was born, and her age. We didn't talk about our jobs.

The following Monday I look up her birth registration from the indexes and now I also have her mother's name and maiden surname, the name of her father, exactly where and when she was born, the address her parents were living at the time of her birth, and her father's occupation. I spend half an hour searching either side of her birth year and find two brothers. I jot down their names and dates of birth. I could have gone further and flushed out her parents marriage certificate and got more info from that. After a few days I phone her up. In front of me, on a piece of paper is all this info. So we get chatting about this and that when I just happen to mention I found out a few things about her and her family. Obviously, she didn't believe me. Until, that is, I started to mention a few things that only a close family member would know. I sensed there was more than a hint of panic in her voice. She asked how I knew all this. I joked I worked for Mi5. "Click". The line went dead.

I spent the next 24 hours feeling guilty so I phoned back the next evening to apologise and explain all. She accepted my apology and we met up and went for a drink the following Saturday. Thank God for those shoes and that doorway! We sometimes reminisce and laugh about it now. So not really a chat up line as such - more like an introduction by way of being puked on.

That was back then when everything was paper. I dread to think what's possible these days with modern technology.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
You said you showed him your ring though you are not married and he continues to chat you up. Perhaps he knows you are not married. How would he know this? Small town? Maybe he asked someone who knows of your circumstances? Does he know your name? You would be surprised how much you can find out about someone and the various ways it can be achieved.

I used to work in the GRO (births, marriages and deaths) and many years ago, while at a friend's house one Saturday evening, I was persuaded to go to a party. I didn't want to go because I just had a hair cut and felt I looked like a plonker. I was also wearing new shoes which were a little tight fitting and uncomfortable. So, anyway my friend got the better of me and we traipsed off down the road to this house where the party was.

After spending about an hour supporting the kitchen door frame, I was about call it a night when this girl came rushing past with her hand over her mouth and threw up all over my new shoes! She continued on her way and I managed to clean up with some kitchen roll. She emerged from the bathroom, sought me out, and apologised profusely. We got chatting, joked about her introductory ways, and exchanged phone numbers. I said I would call her during the week. She had told me her name, where was born, and her age. We didn't talk about our jobs.

The following Monday I look up her birth registration from the indexes and now I also have her mother's name and maiden surname, the name of her father, exactly where and when she was born, the address her parents were living at the time of her birth, and her father's occupation. I spend half an hour searching either side of her birth year and find two brothers. I jot down their names and dates of birth. I could have gone further and flushed out her parents marriage certificate and got more info from that. After a few days I phone her up. In front of me, on a piece of paper is all this info. So we get chatting about this and that when I just happen to mention I found out a few things about her and her family. Obviously, she didn't believe me. Until, that is, I started to mention a few things that only a close family member would know. I sensed there was more than a hint of panic in her voice. She asked how I knew all this. I joked I worked for Mi5. "Click". The line went dead.

I spent the next 24 hours feeling guilty so I phoned back the next evening to apologise and explain all. She accepted my apology and we met up and went for a drink the following Saturday. Thank God for those shoes and that doorway! We sometimes reminisce and laugh about it now. So not really a chat up line as such - more like an introduction by way of being puked on.

That was back then when everything was paper. I dread to think what's possible these days with modern technology.
That's creepy, actually.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
The problem is Art....this shop is the only one now in the area that charges up,British Gas ,yes it’s a British Gas electric key.

He started this chatting up last year in the summer ,he just made remarks to start with,....especially in front of the guys that also work there ,I thought he was just being friendly, so would answer him back in jest....

Anyway here is my electric key...I’ve tried to go quarterly but they won’t let me,

It’s a pay as you go meter.
I bet you put £1 in every time so that you have to keep going back.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->

After spending about an hour supporting the kitchen door frame, I was about call it a night when this girl came rushing past with her hand over her mouth and threw up all over my new shoes! She continued on her way and I managed to clean up with some kitchen roll. She emerged from the bathroom, sought me out, and apologised profusely. We got chatting, joked about her introductory ways, and exchanged phone numbers. I said I would call her during the week. She had told me her name, where she was born, and her age. We didn't talk about our jobs.

Crikey ,what a way to meet,

I haven’t been in the shop for ages, i don’t think he would go to that extent, I think I was partly to blame because I was being friendly to him and laughing at his silly jokes,whilst waiting for my key to be charged, i am not the sort of lady who could tell him to f..k off.....because of this my guard is now up with men,......I must not get familiar with them...my son also gave me that advice,....sometimes we say things that we don’t even realise that something may be read into it....by the man or woman in question...thanks for the advice....I’ve taken it on board.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I bet you put £1 in every time so that you have to keep going back.

😂🤣😅....I was flattered at the beginning....then it started to grate,😂🤣😅....

The lowest amount the key would take was £5... so yes,I used to put £5 in at a time, I couldn’t wait for the electric to run out ,so I could go and charge it up again...😂🤣😅...
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 05:12 PM

We can't help how others perceive us, Pauline...its probably best just to stay polite but distant. You don't need to to be rude or anything, just....I don't know....its hard to explain in text format! You just need to find a way of politely shutting them down when they get too friendly.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

07-04-2021, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
We can't help how others perceive us, Pauline...its probably best just to stay polite but distant. You don't need to to be rude or anything, just....I don't know....its hard to explain in text format! You just need to find a way of politely shutting them down when they get too friendly.
Good advice Pixie......I miss the guys at the gym....oh the fun we used to have, we were so relaxed with each other, I’d start to get on the treadmill then one of the guys would say....do you need a hand love,😂🤣....stuff like that...insinuating i was to old to get on it...I also had a young guy once say to me, watch them weights gran..😂🤣😅.....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Oh, so it's not the key for your heated Chasity Belt?

That man in the shop is being very unprofessional. You should be able to go in the shop with peace of mind and not be hassled.

I am no killjoy but he sounds like he’s becoming a nuisance.

Totally agree.

If it has got to the stage where someone is concerned about even going in his shop, then it has already gone too far.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 07:30 PM

This is such a refreshing thread. Thanks Pauline
Nope, I don’t flirt - like EVER (to be honest, I wouldn’t know where to start so I’m much like Baz46 and LQ) and I don’t EVER get chatted up. Not ever, not once mainly because I’m not prone to environments that encourages flirting.
I guess it all depends on how one carries oneself. And, I hate games especially mind games.

I recall in church once, we’d pulled an all nighter, I was tired and went to sit in the sanctuary for some peace. This bloke (who was a friend- we were all in the singles group) walks up behind me and put his hands on my shoulders to massage my tired shoulders. I got the shock of my life and jumped out of my half slumber and almost hit the ceiling beams. Very unexpected behaviour or, clearly my flirtdar is missing!
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2021, 09:49 PM

long, Long ago , when I was about 16 , I had an after school job picking strawberries. There was a girl working next to me who got very sweaty (as we all did in the summer heat) and would use her T shirt to wipe her face and there was nothing under it apart from her mammary equipment! Maybe I missed an opportunity!

Page 6 of 11 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top