Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 06:19 PM

Re: Risktaking

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
No I'm quite careful really. If the odds seem in my favour, then maybe...but the biggest risk I take is getting my fingers bitten off when I rescue something from the dog that she shouldn't be eating
I've just given up trying that. I wait for him to get in relaxed mode and drop it on the floor. It's not worth losing a hand otherwise.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 06:22 PM

I'm risk averse. If I take a risk I try to mitigate it. The biggest risks I would take are when driving on the motorway. Less so these days though.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 06:23 PM

I have always been inclined to be conservative in all things.

The older, I realize that am inclined to take more chances - to try something new, lean into injustice, speak my mind, look at the world differently...

Why not?
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 06:33 PM

I am selling up and starting a new chapter ..so I guess I must be .
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
I am selling up and starting a new chapter ..so I guess I must be .

That sounds exciting!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 06:42 PM

lt depends on what the risk is?
Usually, unless l am really, really sure l won’t take the risk. I am one of those that has to explore all angles and then make the decision.
Yet another time, l will wake up in the morning and decide to do something without giving it a second thought. l will take the risk, whatever.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 07:00 PM

Nowhere near as much as I used to be. Which is dead normal. I've always been good with money even when I was a teenager. I have gambled only a few times in my life. With money; once on the horses and a few card games. I won most times - I'm lucky. Gambled my neck in the surf many times when I was young. Never tempted fate with anything again...So no I am definitely not a risk taker now.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 07:07 PM

as I've got older I don't, heck, I won't even get on a plane anymore because I think I'm gonna die in mid air! I'm frightened of just about everything as I got older.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Yes I’m a risk taker....I once said to my wife..” yes, you’re bum does look big in that” ......
She must have loved that statement, amazing you are still living.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2021, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
She must have loved that statement, amazing you are still living.
Yes tiff, I didn’t see her for two days...I managed to get my left eye open first......

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top