Join for free
Page 10 of 15 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 01:32 PM

Re: Brino

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I think everyone, if interested, knows my opinion about 'the deal' or, as I prefer to call it, 'the sell out'.

One day, perhaps, we'll get a proper Brexit and won't have to worry about keeping the EU happy.
That will be the day you no longer trade with the EU.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Viruses mutate constantly, making the resulting virus either too weak, which means your body's immune system has no problem in eradicating it. You won't feel anything.
Some virus steains are too strong, in that it kills the host so quick the virus hasn't got the chance to spread.
Those strains that infect you, grow in you and are able to spread to new hosts are the most advantageous for a parasitic species. They are the real trouble. The host getting sick is a side effect from the point of view of any virus.

You can compare it with more developed parasites, worms living in your intestines e.g. Children spread them, infecting and re-infecting one another. The host hardly has any problem and the parasite spreads and spreads.
Thanks for taking time to answer my rhetorical question Solly !!
And for confirming that Zaphod either couldn't or wouldn't , but in
fact did'nt answer the question?? But anyway, being rhetorical it
was addressed to the forum at large, and not to him personally !!
So from what you say, my theory is quite feasible in practice ?
So to sum up, then, it IS possible that the virus could grow weaker
naturally over time and so do away with the need for vaccines ??
Thanks for that, it satisfies my curiosity ?
I suppose that's what herd immunity is then, really ??

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 01:56 PM

We have never traded with the EU we trade with the 27 member states.

The 27 are abandoning EU rules perpetually now, by providing state aid against the state aid EU rules, buying vaccines from Russia, against the single market rules, closing borders against the single market rules and also abandoning its own Vaccines Procurement Program.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->

I suppose that's what herd immunity is then, really ??

Donkeyman! 👍👍
Herd immunity can be achieved by
1. letting the virus infect everybody. Survivors cannot be infected again. The virus solves that problem by mutating. The new variant can infect again. With the common cold that is no problem, that virus causes mild side effects. The flu virus can kill, so we try to protect the vulnerable by vaccination.
2. In case the virus infection causes very side effects, like polio, vaccinating the whole polulation is needed. In case of polio 95% of the population need to be vaccinated. Then the virus cannot find new hosts and dies.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 02:08 PM

We will always trade with Europe Solly !! For the simple reason
Europe ( Germany!) need a healthy balance of payments !!
It seems UK doesn't ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

09-04-2021, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We have never traded with the EU we trade with the 27 member states.
Aha! Now I understand why boris and frost negotiated that trade deal with 27, each representing its own country, negotiators. No wonder the poor boris/frost combo lost against 27 opponents.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

09-04-2021, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
We will always trade with Europe Solly !! For the simple reason
Europe ( Germany!) need a healthy balance of payments !!
It seems UK doesn't ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
It is completely attributable to the UK wanting much more goods from the EU than the EU wants to buy from the UK. The trade deficit is completely caused by the price and quality of EU products. Why else would you buy it?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 03:53 PM

It is completely attributable to the UK wanting much more goods from the EU than the EU wants to buy from the UK. The trade deficit is completely caused by the price and quality of EU products. Why else would you buy it?
If that was the case we would be buying more from the EU than from the rest of the world.

We aren't and we continue to buy less and less from the EU as time goes on.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-04-2021, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
If that was the case we would be buying more from the EU than from the rest of the world.

We aren't and we continue to buy less and less from the EU as time goes on.
As you may remember, when we moved to this bungalow, V and I bought new Bosch and Blomberg white goods for their quality at reasonable prices. German companies for sure but, looking at the manufacturers' plates on the machines shows they were all built in TURKEY. So, here's a question, did we buy from within the EU or did we buy from outside the EU?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

09-04-2021, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
As you may remember, when we moved to this bungalow, V and I bought new Bosch and Blomberg white goods for their quality at reasonable prices. German companies for sure but, looking at the manufacturers' plates on the machines shows they were all built in TURKEY. So, here's a question, did we buy from within the EU or did we buy from outside the EU?
If you buy a jaguar car in the UK, does the profit go to the indian owners?
British taxes being low etc etc

Page 10 of 15 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top