Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 08:52 PM

OK I am stupid

This camcorder Sony FDR-AX53 will record in 4K or MP4 format. In other words MP4 can go straIght onto youtube and 4K (more detailed video and clearer) is a bigger file format so can 't. that is the basics anyway.

Now this is where stupid comes into play. In the video memory side of the camecorder you can have single or dual recording
I had it in dual recording why I didn't know until now or even what it ment. Dual to both formats using up more memory card space or single to MP4 only

when the memory card is in the card reader there is a list of optional routes. one for MP4 and the other for 4K .Something I didn't know and nothing explained in the manual (as usual).
I don't have a 4k monitor at the moment but even so the 4k recording looks a lot better.
Now at least I got it through my thick brain why it is recommended to use a 128 mb memory card for longer recording time
At least Adobe Premier Elements 2020 accepts 4K recording for editing
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 08:56 PM

Re: OK I am stupid

What are the names of the other six dwarfs?

Sorry realspeed........ l couldn’t resist!!
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
What are the names of the other six dwarfs?

Sorry realspeed........ l couldn’t resist!!
no probs. The guide book is only 54 pages and 6x4 inches, absolutely rediculous and the first 20 pages are about what you get in the box and how to turn it on
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2021, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
no probs. The guide book is only 54 pages and 6x4 inches, absolutely rediculous and the first 20 pages are about what you get in the box and how to turn it on
Good to know I am not the only one who has problems with instruction books. I solved that by simply not reading them, mostly I figure out what is required. If there's a problem I often find YouTube more helpful than instruction books.

I did have a look around for information about 4K and MP4 files, just out of curiosity really. I use MP4 on my CCTV and used to deal with all file types in printing / graphic design before I retired, one reason plus curiosity to find out about them. This link was among some that I found and it's offering a free download for converting 4K / MP4 files, might be of interest to you:

https://filmora.wondershare.com/vide...4k-to-mp4.html
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

10-06-2021, 11:30 PM

Bax. This records in both but the link might help someone else
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2021, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Bax. This records in both but the link might help someone else
Oh OK, I was thinking more of something already recorded and saved on another device, perhaps in a format you wished to change for whatever reason, better quality maybe? Everything has become so 'complicated' these days, however, the ability to change formats definitely has its uses.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top