Join for free
Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 08:00 AM

Re: I need help to set a booby trap please...

Hopefully with the paint and the warning, people will leave it alone now, Carol. No point in wondering what if's....you can't take responsibility for other peoples recklessness.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Hi Pauline - yes it's low down but there's no reason for anybody to walk so close that they're touching the wall.

The thought has crossed my mind that a small child could touch it. We would have to deal with that situation if it happened.

Other than that I would imagine the warning sign would be enough to deter anybody.

Yes, the thought crossed my mind about kids and pets too.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 12:40 PM

It's not toxic. I made sure of that.

It will just make a black mess on whoever touches it.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 02:10 PM

Pauline is right .What if it gets on clothing you could find yourself forking out ££s in costs . I think a camera would’ve been safer , practical the meter box doesn’t exactly look attractive now surrounded by black sticky paint …and you’d have evidence
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Ripple ->
Pauline is right .What if it gets on clothing you could find yourself forking out ££s in costs . I think a camera would’ve been safer , practical the meter box doesn’t exactly look attractive now surrounded by black sticky paint …and you’d have evidence
I've looked into this sort of thing in the past. All the Law requires is for you to put up a warning sign. That alone will absolve you legally if anyone is daft enough to touch the paint and get it on their clothing. If they try to take you to court, all you have to do is provide a photograph showing the sign was in place when they got the paint on them.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I've looked into this sort of thing in the past. All the Law requires is for you to put up a warning sign. That alone will absolve you legally if anyone is daft enough to touch the paint and get it on their clothing. If they try to take you to court, all you have to do is provide a photograph showing the sign was in place when they got the paint on them.

I didn’t know that ,well its got a clear warning notice
I still think a camera would be preferable.
I hope it’s an end to it.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2021, 05:48 PM

I don't quite know what the police would do with camera evidence.

They'd have to find the culprits first (assuming it's not our nasty neighbour) & how do they do that in a village of 7,000 people?

If, by some chance they knew who the vandals were they'd probably just give them a slap on the wrist..

I have zero faith in our local police.
Our shop was robbed once & we gave the police a good description of the person who ran off with goods stuffed up their jumper & an armful of smaller items but they never found them..

We also had the house burgled in the middle of the night while we were all asleep. The police didn't find them either & we never got our stolen items back.

Personally if we had our vandals on camera & showed it to the police I don't think they'd be very concerned - probably too trivial for them!

Thanks for the information Percy Vere. There is a very clear warning so if they touch it, it's not my fault.

I'm not really bothered that it doesn't look very nice.
Ripple

14-06-2021, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I don't quite know what the police would do with camera evidence.

They'd have to find the culprits first (assuming it's not our nasty neighbour) & how do they do that in a village of 7,000 people?

If, by some chance they knew who the vandals were they'd probably just give them a slap on the wrist..

I have zero faith in our local police.
Our shop was robbed once & we gave the police a good description of the person who ran off with goods stuffed up their jumper & an armful of smaller items but they never found them..

We also had the house burgled in the middle of the night while we were all asleep. The police didn't find them either & we never got our stolen items back.

Personally if we had our vandals on camera & showed it to the police I don't think they'd be very concerned - probably too trivial for them!

Thanks for the information Percy Vere. There is a very clear warning so if they touch it, it's not my fault.

I'm not really bothered that it doesn't look very nice.
I imagine with camera evidence of the attack you would at least be able to see if the neighbours were involved, perhaps even able to identify the criminals.
They might even be known to the police.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

14-06-2021, 11:09 PM

I imagine with camera evidence of the attack you would at least be able to see if the neighbours were involved, perhaps even able to identify the criminals.
They might even be known to the police.
Yes but I'm not technology minded. My husband has Alzheimers and I have to do everything in the way I see best.

I know nothing about spy cameras & how they work.

Who would advise me on what camera would be best?

Who would fix it up for us?

What seems a simple solution to some people is not so simple to another...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2021, 03:46 AM

If you don't want to video them have you considered one of these?

Page 10 of 11 « First < 8 9 10 11 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top