Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 12:26 PM

Re: Introvert...Extrovert.

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
My family would class me as an extrovert, but I simply see my self as highly assertive and determined.

Can you explain what determination means LD....I get confused on that one?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Definitely become less inhibited as I’ve gotten older, I think for me,I’ve come to the realisation of what matters and what doesn’t.

Maybe a confidence in oneself?
Curiously, even though my job required me to speak to and with large numbers of people at any one time and I was quite happy to do so, I felt highly uncomfortable doing the same when speaking with other adults in the room as well as when holding dept meetings.

Things got better with age and experience.

Guess it's some kind of fear of being judged or evaluated. Perhaps that's what it's mostly about.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Can you explain what determination means LD....I get confused on that one?
My ability to set a path and stick to it, thus arriving at the end goal. I have always relied on CPA to find the right path to my goal and its very difficult to divert me from that path.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 12:51 PM

I now identify as an attack helicopter, you don’t get more extrovert than that …
I make ‘wokka wokka’ noises and brt..brt ‘ machine gun noises when miffed.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
I now identify as an attack helicopter, you don’t get more extrovert than that …
I make ‘wokka wokka’ noises and brt..brt ‘ machine gun noises when miffed.
Blimey, I thought my wife had gained membership until I saw the male symbol
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 12:57 PM

Introvert, definitely. I didn't find out the name for my apparent weirdness until I was 43, heh! I just thought I was odd in preferring to do things by myself. But then my job involved being with people, so I can be very chatty and friendly (which is nice), but gosh its exhausting and I still need my down time in my own space.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Introvert, definitely. I didn't find out the name for my apparent weirdness until I was 43...
I like the concept that you were too shy to ask anyone for the name of it
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2021, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I like the concept that you were too shy to ask anyone for the name of it
I didn't ask because I didn't know it was anything! I just assumed it was my personality. Then it came up on some random article I was reading, so I googled it, and now I know I'm not odd at all. Which is reassuring!
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

02-07-2021, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
, and now I know I'm not odd at all. Which is reassuring!
Think we'll leave that there then
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

02-07-2021, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Think we'll leave that there then
Hahaha! Normal isn't a real thing anyway. There is "usual" but no such thing as normal.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top