Join for free
Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 09:49 PM

Re: Would you have challenged this idiot?

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
I'm surprised you care! But I think you'd find that it wouldn't be "living with nature", as nature would win!
I do care about nature, I care very much.

Living with nature doesn't mean laying back and doing SFA when there is an active threat though, it means precisely what I wrote. Living WITH nature.

Maybe coexisting is a better way to put it but certainly not dominating the natural world just to make life easier for us or because we don't want bird lime on our car so cutting trees down. I've seen that done all to often just to protect some scabby little Nissan or Renault.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 09:49 PM

Not sure what I would have done, I've always been a bit Gull-able.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Not sure what I would have done, I've always been a bit Gull-able.
Mega-groan!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 09:56 PM

I know the sensible thing to do is not confront the man as these days anything could happen, but as much as I hate confrontation, this would have made me so angry I'd have gone in all guns blazing. I hate, hate, hate, any form of animal cruelty, I like animals more than people! This is bird cruelty but you know what I meant. lol
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by lion queen ->
i know the sensible thing to do is not confront the man as these days anything could happen, but as much as i hate confrontation, this would have made me so angry i'd have gone in all guns blazing. I hate, hate, hate, any form of animal cruelty, i like animals more than people! This is bird cruelty but you know what i meant. Lol
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
You mean you are a homophobe ST??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
I do care about nature, I care very much.

Living with nature doesn't mean laying back and doing SFA when there is an active threat though, it means precisely what I wrote. Living WITH nature.

Maybe coexisting is a better way to put it but certainly not dominating the natural world just to make life easier for us or because we don't want bird lime on our car so cutting trees down. I've seen that done all to often just to protect some scabby little Nissan or Renault.
There's no profit in that Todger ??

Donkeyman! 🤗🤗
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

10-07-2021, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
No -I would not touch such filthy - cruelly produced - stuff!

I would not want to eat food that had been in someone else's mouth or beak! Would have let the bird have it's stolen treat.

They know the risk and should accept the consequences of their actions. No use blaming the birds.

That would not surprise me - some people would do anything to grab attention - and it would only reinforce my low opinion of the man - and his accomplice.

No mention of the stress caused to the Gull either - but it would have been stressed by the incident.

I wouldn't want food that had been in a bird's beak !
Surely that was the man's choice, not yours ?

They know the risk
Does the man have less rights than the seagull?

No mention is made of stress to the gull
Stress is important to wild life as it assists with survival

I maintain that no cruelty or intent to be cruel was shown by the man
He merely acted instinctively when the gull grabbed his brecker
and caught itby the legs, and then had to hold neck also in order
to remove the doughnut from its beak!!
If he had wanted to be cruel he would have broken it's neck or
bitten the gulls head off ??
I saw nothing cruel in that video at all .

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I wouldn't want food that had been in a bird's beak !
Surely that was the man's choice, not yours ?

They know the risk
Does the man have less rights than the seagull?

No mention is made of stress to the gull
Stress is important to wild life as it assists with survival

I maintain that no cruelty or intent to be cruel was shown by the man

He merely acted instinctively when the gull grabbed his brecker
and caught itby the legs, and then had to hold neck also in order
to remove the doughnut from its beak!!

If he had wanted to be cruel he would have broken it's neck or
bitten the gulls head off ??
I saw nothing cruel in that video at all .

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔

It's like you were watching a different video to everyone else DM.

You don't think pressing on a bird's windpipe to cut off its air supplty is cruel?

Also, he wasn't even trying to remove his filthy old doughnut at all, because with one hand he was gripping the bird, and the other hand he was flapping about trying to keep the other gulls away. It was sheer nasty temper.

He did not attempt to retrieve his cake as you said, not until the bird actually dropped it of his own accord when he could no longer breathe, so opened his beak to get air in his lungs.

Lastly, when the bloke chose to 'release' the bird, he could easily have placed it on the sea wall to check if it was dead, alive, or injured in any way - but No. Instead he literally threw it away.
At no point did you see what happened next. The video did not show us if it flew, dropped dead, or drowned.

That man did not he care if it was dead or alive, so I am surprised and more than a little disappointed that you think it was acceptable and not cruel in the slightest.

I have no more to say on this subject.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It's like you were watching a different video to everyone else DM.

You don't think pressing on a bird's windpipe to cut off its air supplty is cruel?

Also, he wasn't even trying to remove his filthy old doughnut at all, because with one hand he was gripping the bird, and the other hand he was flapping about trying to keep the other gulls away. It was sheer nasty temper.

He did not attempt to retrieve his cake as you said, not until the bird actually dropped it of his own accord when he could no longer breathe, so opened his beak to get air in his lungs.

Lastly, when the bloke chose to 'release' the bird, he could easily have placed it on the sea wall to check if it was dead, alive, or injured in any way - but No. Instead he literally threw it away.
At no point did you see what happened next. The video did not show us if it flew, dropped dead, or drowned.

That man did not he care if it was dead or alive, so I am surprised and more than a little disappointed that you think it was acceptable and not cruel in the slightest.

I have no more to say on this subject.
Hi

I have and it is relevant.

Saying you would hit someone to protect another human is rubbished on this forum.

If it is to protect an animal anything goes.

This is irrespective of the fact that those who profess they would are completely incapable of doing so.

They would get hammered, it is all fantasy.

Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top