Join for free
Page 31 of 32 « First < 21 29 30 31 32 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 04:23 PM

Re: What's in a name.

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Originally Posted by oldbugger
Yes, got you now. In that case I don't understand why she was upset about being called something she'd openly called HERSELF!?

But that is not 'so to the point' ben-varrey.

I have not said it is ok to use that name on forum...I have requested, politely I may add for people to use my username and not to take it upon themselves to change it.
Yes it is - as usual, you make a mountain out of a molehill. Chill out - it's not the end of the world. I know you like nothing more than to argue the toss so, a word to the wise: this forum doesn't seem to like arguing very much so maybe a change of tactics?

I'll bicker with you till the cows come home so if that's what you want, PM me. However, you do rather like an audience so I doubt that will happen.

You talk a lot about people considering you - what about you now considering the ones who have stated, several times, they find your harping on (and me answering) a bit upsetting. To show willing, I will not post on this thread about your name (unless you make a direct comment to me that is).
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Thats what happened Jim .... Altho I have always called her Pats - 'cos I know me place
Yes you do Patty.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Pats what you are actually doing is taking threads off topic by objecting when someone calls you a name you originally posted in your profile.
The off topic discussions about names you have usually been the one to start in other threads have then been split and been move to this existing discussion.
It wasn't me that changed my name on forum Meg.

If you object to a member calling you any name the correct procedure is to take your objection to that member by Personal Message rather than continually disrupting the site with petty arguments.
Yes I will do that in future.

But in the mean time this thread is on topic as it is about names used on forum.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Karen when a thread is split and posts moved a link to the posts is left in the original thread..
I haven't been back to most of the threads yet Meg - I've been too busy chuckling over this one
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I haven't been back to most of the threads yet Meg - I've been too busy chuckling over this one
What other threads??
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Yes you do Patty.
Thanks for that ......
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
You talk a lot about people considering you - what about you now considering the ones who have stated, several times, they find your harping on (and me answering) a bit upsetting. To show willing, I will not post on this thread about your name (unless you make a direct comment to me that is).
ben-varrey you appear to be forgetting that this thread's very subject is about using names on forum...that is the subject under discussion.....feel free to contribute if you wish.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2013, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
What other threads??
Like I said earlier Jim - Pats has been harping on about this since her day one ! NOT - just on this thread !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

14-07-2013, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
ben-varrey you appear to be forgetting that this thread's very subject is about using names on forum...that is the subject under discussion.....feel free to contribute if you wish.
Whats to contribute - surely 'all' there is to be said - 'has' been said - go to sleep now gal .......
Pats
Lincolnshire

14-07-2013, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Like I said earlier Jim - Pats has been harping on about this since her day one ! NOT - just on this thread !
Perhaps you would like to post a link to those 'other threads' please Pats CG.?

Page 31 of 32 « First < 21 29 30 31 32 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top