Join for free
Page 49 of 83 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2014, 10:20 AM

Re: Who Is Nigel Farage

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Sorry Geoff .. but please stop calling people fascists.
Nigel Farage is getting my vote and I'm not a fascist or a racist.

Apology accepted Jan darlin' - as time passes we'll see whether my label on NF is appropriate - we already know he's a racist,.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2014, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
No Pats, I judge him by what he says and does - like advocating a curb on immigration whilst at the same time using a company which employs immigrants to deliver his leaflets - an out and out HYPOCRITE!!!
Nothing at all wrong with curbing immigration is there?

Are you advocating rounding up all immigrants who are already here legally and sending them to Siberia for instance?

Facism springs to mind here.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2014, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
When will you and your ilk understand that your apparent desperation to smear this man, and his followers (and it does now appear to be abject desperation), only seeks to achieve the opposite effect, as many ordinary, sensible people share his views on many things but would not consider themselves to be as you've just described them but merely just concerned for the future of their country.
Well said plantman.
Pats
Lincolnshire

08-05-2014, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Sorry Geoff .. but please stop calling people fascists.
Nigel Farage is getting my vote and I'm not a fascist or a racist.
Well said Janela.
manasota
South Yorkshire
manasota is male  manasota has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2014, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
When will you and your ilk understand that your apparent desperation to smear this man, and his followers (and it does now appear to be abject desperation), only seeks to achieve the opposite effect, as many ordinary, sensible people share his views on many things but would not consider themselves to be as you've just described them but merely just concerned for the future of their country.
You cant have your cake and eat it. If the cap fits, where it. If you lie down with a dog you catch fleas.....so in other words - if you support Farage and his party, then you cant pick and choose the bits you're uncomfortable with.
Pats
Lincolnshire

08-05-2014, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by manasota ->
if you support Farage and his party, then you cant pick and choose the bits you're uncomfortable with.
You can apply that very same principle to any party that you choose to vote for.
manasota
South Yorkshire
manasota is male  manasota has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2014, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
You can apply that very same principle to any party that you choose to vote for.
and I do apply that principle.

I wont vote for anyone that I would be ashamed to be associated with just because they say one or two things that I may agree with.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 08:49 AM

I watched Farage last night, and there was nothing new, he is like a parrot repeating over and over again the same thing word for word.
Nothing new from him and absolutely no policies, it slipped out last night that on one of UKips leaflets someone in his party said they want to privatise the NHS.
UKip yes they are passionate about immigration and the EU, but we have nearly as many Brits working in the EU we have immigrants here.
Shirley Williams spoke very well last night, this is the trouble with our governments now, not enough what I call statesman in the bunch.
Just be careful what you are voting for, stop thinking of yourself and think more of our grandkids future.
At my age none of the parties will make any difference to me, but they will my grandkids.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 09:01 AM

Its your opinion Arfa and you're entitled to it.
I've watched him many times and I like what I hear and see .....
He has done a very good job so far - he has 'made' the others sit up and take notice
manasota
South Yorkshire

09-05-2014, 09:04 AM

That is so true. A recent bit of research has shown most of the opposition to EU membership in this country is coming from the older (ie. over 50's) population. Younger people are far more supportive.

So our generation is doing its selfish best to stymie the aspirations of its children.

Page 49 of 83 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top