Join for free
Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2014, 03:38 PM

Re: Online dating

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I also think one has to be ready. I met a few very nice ladies who were brutally honest-`you`re a nice man but you have to love yourself first`

Well I got an offer on my house today so maybe I will soon be ready as it were -no longer in limbo with a place too large and so many memories of Jen
Come on... that was a polite way of saying they weren't interested.. AND not everyone is going to be interested for sure. I met a guy for coffee and I thought it went well.. I liked him and I had a good time. I was sure he would want to see me again... He didn't.. Oh well..

I think however that one has to put forth a positive and upbeat attitude. You can't be all down and talk about how bad you have had it.. or how lonely and depressed you are.. for sure.. No one wants to listen to that. You may have more luck with a widow who is closer to the stage of grief you are in. In our case.. My husband lost his wife just 6 days before my husband died. We were very much in the same place and we helped each other through alot.. in the process.. we fell in love. It CAN happen..
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2014, 04:10 PM

I think I have my wits about me... I have had several hits from girls in their 30's. Gold diggers no doubt...I am keeping all my interests local.....
My ex was a local girl. In fact I met her in similar circumstances not on line but on the air....that was when cb radio was at its height we where both breakers in the mid eighties
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Or a photo with worse lighting otherwise Tess. . .
Agree with you, Tess and Myrtle
I know looks aren't everything Steve, but that Martian outfit is not great - lets face it
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 05:26 PM

Online dating must work for loads but in my case it has worked whilst playing online games and just using forums. I suppose it depends how you appear to others. In my case I must be one hell of an appealing guy .

Just crossed my mind - is there a site for developing your personality?

Just trying to be helpful .

I know some of you love them little winks so I nearly always include them. See, there is insight into the so 'attractive' demeanor I have - cos I am always so considerate and thoughtful ... there you go - another wink ... oh and another ...
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Online dating must work for loads but in my case it has worked whilst playing online games and just using forums. I suppose it depends how you appear to others. In my case I must be one hell of an appealing guy .

Just crossed my mind - is there a site for developing your personality?

Just trying to be helpful .

I know some of you love them little winks so I nearly always include them. See, there is insight into the so 'attractive' demeanor I have - cos I am always so considerate and thoughtful ... there you go - another wink ... oh and another ...
They're kind of like the hiccups then...?
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Agree with you, Tess and Myrtle
I know looks aren't everything Steve, but that Martian outfit is not great - lets face it
Honest ladies , that suit came from the best outfitters in the solar system....
Tess
Midlothian Scotland UK
Tess is female  Tess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2014, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
Honest ladies , that suit came from the best outfitters in the solar system....
As long as your happy
Tecla
New Member!
Florida. U.S.A.
Tecla is female 

02-11-2014, 02:11 PM

Are you interested in online dating? I have a friend who maybe interested
to meet a male online friend from other countries. Just to chat personal with the same interest.
Just let me know.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

02-11-2014, 05:18 PM

I have changed my preference ,, Plenty more Fish and Badoo proved to be expensive cons...My daughter told me about another POF (plenty of fish) ....it is a lot better and FREE I am glad to say i am now chatting with a lovely lady and have been for for over a fortnight 2-3 hrs a day ,,,we have a lot in common ..we have exchanged phone numbers and text we also use Skype ,,However she wants to keep it like that and not speak or meet just yet ....I am keeping a open mind and I have let her decide when and where we will meet ..we think our meeting was a omen ,,,,I was looking at her profile , and she looked at mine , at exactly the same time , because she messaged me at exactly the same time ...there was no way either of us could have known the other was looking ....coincidence or fate ,, so fingers crossed .....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2014, 05:43 PM

Good luck hope it all works out well for you !

Page 4 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top