Join for free
Page 29 of 31 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 >
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 08:20 AM

Re: Syria conflict; how would you vote.

Originally Posted by Browbeaten ->
I left that thread weeks ago. got boring with all the repeats and know all's subscribing their views over and over.
I left it long ago too. It was at Pumice's request (in this thread) that I went in for a quick ravage. But the truth is I don't know if my input was to Pumice's favour or not ….. It's been such a long time since I was active in the discussion so I don't know who is defending what – and I didn't bother reading up to find out. Is it divided between those who defend the “immigrants” and those who condemn them …. or is the line drawn somewhere else? Just please don't tell me it's about Islam again!
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 07:33 PM

Well the latest much trumpeted Security Council Resolution seems sadly to be just platitudes or so it looks. We hope not and will see.

I am sorry to see some of the acrimony here. 6 months ago I effectively left another Forum over that sort of stuff - some of it by a Right Wing ex military clique plus a few notorious others.
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 07:41 PM

Sadly there is no easy option. As a natural Liberal I oppose wars for their own sake, but where the innocent or the weak are exposed to terror, abuse and brutality I cannot but think to turn my back is wrong. Sometimes there is no option but to stand and fight against aggression however distressing that may seen. Doing nothing may be worse and in the end, as it did in 1939, cost far more lives.
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by BDR44 ->
Sadly there is no easy option. As a natural Liberal I oppose wars for their own sake, but where the innocent or the weak are exposed to terror, abuse and brutality I cannot but think to turn my back is wrong. Sometimes there is no option but to stand and fight against aggression however distressing that may seen. Doing nothing may be worse and in the end, as it did in 1939, cost far more lives.
Sadly I have to agree. IS is such a once in a generation threat to the whole world's security that it has to be destroyed. However bombing an idea is difficult even if we can kill the people?
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 08:54 PM

I agree with you completely, but if you decide to “stand and fight” (as you say) then let it be against the source of the problem. If the mongoose and cobra were smart they'd join forces and attack the people who tossed them into the pit, rather than ravage one another. I am trying to say (in my feeble way) that ISIS isn't the source of the problem.

Brits talk alot about quitting the EU but seldom do they raise their voices about getting out of NATO. Big mistake.
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 09:01 PM

Maybe not but it is the head of the snake that does the killing. As to the source that is a matter of a persons political bias. I cannot see the US as the source of all infamy or Russia as lilywhite or all Israeli's as monsters or all Arabs as saints. Seeking out conspiracies and labeling villains does not help resolve the worlds problem - climate change.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-12-2015, 09:22 PM

Maybe not but it is the head of the snake that does the killing. As to the source that is a matter of a persons political bias. I cannot see the US as the source of all infamy or Russia as lilywhite or all Israeli's as monsters or all Arabs as saints. Seeking out conspiracies and labeling villains does not help resolve the worlds problem - climate change.
Changing the climate is something man will never do. Despite politicians trying to convince us that we can, for whatever reason.
The climate has never been static and is changing constantly as it has always done long before man's existence.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

19-12-2015, 09:27 PM

...... Seeking out conspiracies and labeling villains does not help resolve the worlds problem - climate change.
The lack of WMD's in Irak was no "conspiracy" so a million innocent men, women, and children were murdered by the crusaders from the West ....... and if pointing out the villain (or labelling him) is not the way to achieve goals of righteous solution then I really don't know what you hope to achieve by going after Saddam Hussein or ISIS or Al Qaida or the Taliban. Priorities. Where do you keep yours?
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales

19-12-2015, 09:38 PM

My priorities look east as well as west for guilty men. As for climate change - I believe the science.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden

19-12-2015, 10:26 PM

My priorities look east as well as west for guilty men. As for climate change - I believe the science.
That's all very fine, but if you are prepared "to stand and fight against aggression however distressing that may seem" then I hope you are looking both east and west very well. We've already seen illbegot invasions of Iran, Irak, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Panama, Grenada ...... and at least a dozen other nations. I 've already seen too many false flag acts of treachery.

Page 29 of 31 « First < 19 27 28 29 30 31 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top