Join for free
Page 10 of 22 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 06:22 PM

Re: Chilcot Report

The ridiculous thing is that every one of us plebs in the country knew it was all lies so why didn't parliament? I seem to remember protest marches by millions of people yet they were ignored by every political party, so they were all complicit in this and Blair was just the liar in chief.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 06:33 PM

Perhaps because it's only with the benefit of hindsight that it becomes obvious it the claims of weapons of mass destruction were wrong Barry. Most of the public believed it too.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Perhaps because it's only with the benefit of hindsight that it becomes obvious it the claims of weapons of mass destruction were wrong Barry. Most of the public believed it too.
Perhaps so, but he was the PM and he made the decision.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 06:48 PM

I must disagree, the inspectors had been there for ages previous to the invasion and had found nothing, why not ask David Kelly... although silly me you can't because he conveniently commited suicide over his non discovery. Yeh right, of course he did .
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 06:49 PM

Even before the war in Iraqe started,Blair was in cahoots with Bush and planning the conflict
He even sent word to Bush to say he would support him .Come what may. He had no right to play God and the consequences were that thousands of Iraqe Civilians were murdered, and any fine young British men were sent to ther death as well .
He also took major desicions without discussing it wth other MP's

He is sorry for the mistakes but not sorry for gong to War on a pack of lies
How can this man sleep at night?
He has Blood on his hands.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 07:28 PM

I think that this emotive subject can very easily become overheated in much the same way as Brexit. Now is a time for common sense and clear heads. At the time of the Iraq war the intelligence was not accurate and many people genuinely thought Sadam had WOMD. He had use gas during the Iraq/Iran war and also against the Marsh Arabs and it was thought he still possessed them and more importantly would use them.

At the time parliament approved and, all though not quite giving their approval, but by not making plain their disapproval, the UN in their usual wishy washy way agreed. On the evidence at the time I and many others thought it was right to go in.

Now with hindsight we know differently of course but then, as now,, nobody knew for sure whether they deliberately set out to mislead opinion or whether they believed what they were claiming. In view of that they can only be given the doubt in my opinion.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I must disagree, the inspectors had been there for ages previous to the invasion and had found nothing, why not ask David Kelly... although silly me you can't because he conveniently commited suicide over his non discovery. Yeh right, of course he did .
I agree.

The Inspectors said they had found nothing...Retort by the war mongers They were refused us permission to visit certain places...A lie

The UN under Blix confirmed this and humiliated Powell when he addressed them about the WMD and they pointed out to him his lies.

You then had Blair in Scotland saying "Ok One hundred K will march to day but how many has SH killed."

When that March hit 2 million Blair was Nowhere to be seen Prescott took over for the next Five days as spokesman because Tony was

( ill).

Rainmaker...This was not hindsight and I think If even you are Left or Right politicaly and not the Status Quo we came to the same conclusion.

The war was wrong and we thought that before it started.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 07:51 PM

but by not making the UN in their usual wishy washy way agreed. On the evidence at the time
No the UN rejected it did not give permission to start this war (As they did in Korea)That is what makes this in our law the War illegal
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Even before the war in Iraqe started,Blair was in cahoots with Bush and planning the conflict
He even sent word to Bush to say he would support him .Come what may. He had no right to play God and the consequences were that thousands of Iraqe Civilians were murdered, and any fine young British men were sent to ther death as well .
He also took major desicions without discussing it wth other MP's

He is sorry for the mistakes but not sorry for gong to War on a pack of lies
How can this man sleep at night?
He has Blood on his hands.
Indeed. He is a man without conscience.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

06-07-2016, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
I agree.

The Inspectors said they had found nothing...Retort by the war mongers They were refused us permission to visit certain places...A lie

The UN under Blix confirmed this and humiliated Powell when he addressed them about the WMD and they pointed out to him his lies.

You then had Blair in Scotland saying "Ok One hundred K will march to day but how many has SH killed."

When that March hit 2 million Blair was Nowhere to be seen Prescott took over for the next Five days as spokesman because Tony was

( ill).

Rainmaker...This was not hindsight and I think If even you are Left or Right politicaly and not the Status Quo we came to the same conclusion.

The war was wrong and we thought that before it started.
Hear hear.

Page 10 of 22 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top