Join for free
Page 10 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 10:19 AM

Re: Our way of life ending

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's interesting to note that 50-80% of our oxygen is from phytoplankton living in the oceans.

https://ocean.si.edu/ocean-life/plan...ke-thank-ocean
You mean the oceans that cover 71% of the earth surface Annie, and require CO2 to survive, that same CO2 we are striving to eliminate.....

Buggering about with things we know nothing about will only end up in tears. May I remind everyone that:

"For every Action, there is an equal and opposite reaction" Often overlooked......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 10:20 AM

OGF I think the problem is the balance of nature has changed and that balance is very important.
No it hasn't Annie, you've just read that it has....
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Yes. But our way of life has become unsustainable. Motor transport has been around in to any extent for less than a hundred years but just look at the detestation it has created, same with aircraft. Much less than a hundred years and the environmental damage has been dreadful. Plastics? Dreadful pollutants .

WE SIMPLY CANT CONTINUE ALONG THIS PATH

Goodness knows what is coming "down the pike". Some folk simply can't get their mind around this. But it's coming sure as eggs is eggs.
You have to look at the benefits, as well!

Going to work, or hospital, on the back of a cart, is not a good option.

Needs a bit of work on the science of the pollution!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Where do you live Todger, Chernobyl?
This made me laugh!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
No it hasn't Annie, you've just read that it has....
Well people who study these things say it has. What about the bees? (and I am not talking Brentford FC!) surely the Soil association know what they are on about? Isn't this why we are all trying hard to grow wildflowers?

https://www.soilassociation.org/take...iAAEgLH9PD_BwE
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

31-05-2021, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
You have to look at the benefits, as well!

Going to work, or hospital, on the back of a cart, is not a good option.

Needs a bit of work on the science of the pollution!
This is the rare point that Todger and me agree on Ted....
Over the last hundred years or so everybody decided they needed a motor...Sometimes even several, and nowadays monster vehicles just to take the kids to school, and just like the days of coal fires and smog, we are polluting our local environments and causing traffic jams of biblical proportions which rather defeats the object of independent travel...

When I was a courier back in the 2000's nothing moved on the roads around the big cities at rush hour, now it's spreading throughout the day also. Electric vehicles may provide the answer, not because they are any more efficient or less polluting, but because no bugger will be able to afford or run one....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

31-05-2021, 10:35 AM

Well people who study these things say it has. What about the bees? (and I am not talking Brentford FC!) surely the Soil association know what they are on about? Isn't this why we are all trying hard to grow wildflowers?

https://www.soilassociation.org/take...iAAEgLH9PD_BwE
There are loads of bees round here Annie, look around yourself, don't rely on a piece you read on the news or some 'science bloke' until you've gone outside and seen for yourself. I'm not saying they are all wrong, but we are the victims of an information overload, some good, some bad, it's becoming impossible to tell the difference. I could provide you with quite the opposite information from some appierists that live local. They don't understand what all the fuss is about....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

31-05-2021, 10:39 AM

This made me laugh!
...What happened to the bit about Brentford Annie?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2021, 10:53 AM

Not seen a hedgehog for years. Understand they are an endangered species. I could do with them to eat the slugs.
Well l haven't seen this one this year yet Annie, but it used to come
into our conservatory if we left the door open !!
We had loads of bees last year, but l haven't seen or heard one
this year yet, maybe it's a bit early or cold for them?

Donkeyman! 👍🤗👍
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

31-05-2021, 10:56 AM

There have been some bees in our garden buzzing around the bee friendly weigela. But not many and the recent weather means there aren't so many blooms.

Page 10 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top