Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 10:27 AM

Re: Nhs cyber attack!

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Sorry Swims, but I have never heard of a Bitcoin a/c?
Hi

Here you go Mups.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/on...c63093abbdcd17
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 12:17 PM

Hi

Just an update

http://www.independent.ie/world-news...-35715342.html
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 12:24 PM

Just come back from my Monday yoga class, and the lovely lady who teaches us also works at my GP practice.

She said the practice is affected, and all the local hospitals. She said it was utter chaos at work last Friday. They could not access any patients records.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Here you go Mups.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/on...c63093abbdcd17

Thank you Swims.
I perhaps should be ashamed of myself at my complete lack of brain power with this sort of thing. I really do not understand these things.

Anyone need an animal-loving, honest person with good green fingers but little else though?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Just an update

http://www.independent.ie/world-news...-35715342.html
And now becomes a targetrfor all cyber terrorists after having his identity pasted across every country in the world.

good luck to him.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Possibly they needed to access her notes and scans/xray, they've said that many operations have had to be cancelled.
I know that my notes (at the Eye Hospital) are on paper, although they may be duplicated electronically.

Most hospitals now use digital radiography, so the old X-ray 'plates' are a thing of the past. Unless a hospital is pretty much behind times, they will have no hard copies and the only way of seeing them is on a computer. This is certainly the case for CT, MRI, PET scans, etc., which all require computers to function.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That's true Arty, but more to the point, how will me manage without them in the future. Because as sure that eggs is eggs, there is much worse to come.....

Hasn't Dr Who covered all this in 'The Attack of the Cyber Men'??????
With my little knowledge of computers, I would suggest that an individual hospital could maintain its own intranet so that all of its computers can be linked, yet have absolutely no external connection to the internet or otherwise, even for e-mails.

I think that would work, but the drawback would be that patients' notes, images, etc., could not be sent elsewhere electronically.

Communications would have to rely on telephones.

Still, we managed with them before, didn't we?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2017, 02:35 PM

Back up anyone?
Maybe "lessons will be learnt"...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-05-2017, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Back up anyone?
Maybe "lessons will be learnt"...
Yes, that's the usual meaningless stock phrase.

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top