Join for free
Page 10 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2016, 11:38 PM

Re: Read This And Tell Me , You Are Still Against Hanging.....

To take another person's life has many definitions.

Murder, manslaughter, accidental death, driving while under the influence, mercy killing, crime of passion, killing while serving in the military, killing through negligence, self-defence, the assassin, an act of terrorism.... the list is much longer.

It all comes down to taking the life of another person.

There are people reading this right now who have killed others whilst on active service. They may have pulled a trigger, they may have dropped bombs. The 'enemy' are not always visible to the killer; they may be several miles away, or way below the bomber.

I have never met a person who was 'proud' of killing another in the theatre of war. They mostly will not talk about it, but feel an inner anguish.

Yet, we all love to see James Bond killing the bad guys. We love to see Arnold Schwarzenegger firing huge guns with his rippling muscles.

We humans are strange creatures...
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 04:51 AM

That is the normal person .
Serial murders and child killers dont feel this way.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Probably one of the most harrowing articles, I have ever read. Milly Dowler, the poor child, what she went through and her poor parents knowing what he did to their child.
You can't condone allowing this vile monster to live at our expense and safe in his prison cell?
Surely it's time to return the Death Penalty for monsters like him?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...onfession.html
Artangel

It Was Extremely upsetting to read how this innocent young girl suffered on her last days on earth by the hands of that evil muderer, Levi Bellfield, in jail for two other murders of young women.
He has now denied making the confession to Milly's murder
and and has his own Solicitor acting for him ..paid by us of course. He is after notoriety and wants to manipulate the Police.

Murderers in jail have a very easy life even if segregated
They get well feed, kept warm, have access to TV and Computers and Libraries, Exercises and write letters to the Media also demand Human Rights.

They mix with their own kind and boast about their vile crimes. They is no contrition.
Shame they can't be flogged daily.
Incredibly some women want to befriend them!!

It is a fact the criminals including murderers get better treatment than their poor victims.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
Artangel

It Was Extremely upsetting to read how this innocent young girl suffered on her last days on earth by the hands of that evil muderer, Levi Bellfield, in jail for two other murders of young women.
He has now denied making the confession to Milly's murder
and and has his own Solicitor acting for him ..paid by us of course. He is after notoriety and wants to manipulate the Police.

Murderers in jail have a very easy life even if segregated
They get well feed, kept warm, have access to TV and Computers and Libraries, Exercises and write letters to the Media also demand Human Rights.

They mix with their own kind and boast about their vile crimes. They is no contrition.
Shame they can't be flogged daily.
Incredibly some women want to befriend them!!

It is a fact the criminals including murderers get better treatment than their poor victims.
Well said. Prisons are not a punishment, in fact some would describe them as a reward.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 02:24 PM

I don't believe prisoners have it as cushy as some make out, you list only the simple things in life.

I'm not saying it's the right way to treat them or not but please don't say how easy it is, I'm sure most would change their mind if they saw the inside of a cat A prison.

This is not in response to the crimes in question, it's in reply to the generalisation that prison life is easy.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I don't believe prisoners have it as cushy as some make out, you list only the simple things in life.

I'm not saying it's the right way to treat them or not but please don't say how easy it is, I'm sure most would change their mind if they saw the inside of a cat A prison.

This is not in response to the crimes in question, it's in reply to the generalisation that prison life is easy.
You are probably right Tpin but it still costs £47000 a year to keep them in there. Prison should be a harsh enough punishment to stop them risking going back there.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->

I totally agree with you, Tpin.
Being a prison inmate is mentally destroying. The hours, the days, the months, the years........ The prisoner is constantly reminded of his helplessness, his remorselessness, his total inability to change anything. He is part of a daily routine that he can do nothing about it.

Forget 'Porridge'. There aren't many places like that.

A prisoner is locked up within his own skull.... It's the nearest thing to a living death.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 02:42 PM

In that case what's the use of keeping people who have commented heinous crimes alive in them ?

The have crossed a line from which there is no rehabilitation and no going back .
They are only a burden on society .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Hanfonius ->
I totally agree with you, Tpin.
Being a prison inmate is mentally destroying. The hours, the days, the months, the years........ The prisoner is constantly reminded of his helplessness, his remorselessness, his total inability to change anything. He is part of a daily routine that he can do nothing about it.

Forget 'Porridge'. There aren't many places like that.

A prisoner is locked up within his own skull.... It's the nearest thing to a living death.
Lets not feel sorry for them, they had little concern for the people they committed crimes against.... I am surprised they don't all mend their ways if it is as bad as you say, but whether they do or not , they deserve the punishment!
Hanfonius
North Wales

13-02-2016, 03:05 PM

But I do feel sorry for them, Twink. There, but for the grace of God go you or I. Most of them are not murderers or child molesters.

They are, however, all human beings. They have feelings just like we do.

Personally, I am glad that they have been removed from society. Apart from lobotomising and putting them into a secure facility, I cannot think of an alternative solution.
There again, I like eating a nice steak - but don't ask me to kill and butcher my own meat.

To ease our consciences, we are given the impression that prisoners are comfortably housed with good food, TV, computers, libraries, education, keep-fit facilities and so on.
I know a few prison officers, and prison life isn't generally like that.

Perhaps we are better off not knowing the real life that an inmate has to live.

Page 10 of 20 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top