Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2017, 06:27 PM

Re: Pet Hates, Whats Yours.?

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Don't just sit there dumbly listening to it - complain to the Restaurant management!!!
Yeah. if you can't see him, give him a ring.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2017, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Don't just sit there dumbly listening to it - complain to the Restaurant management!!!
We don't just sit dumbly listening. At times we have complained to the restaurant staff, as have other diners. This achieves a constant shuffling of chairs and a constant stream of people in and out of the restaurant like yoyos.

As I posted, it's a pet hate of mine, and I know a pet hate of many others too.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-02-2017, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
People who keep saying "I turned around and I ....."
Plus one!!
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
We don't just sit dumbly listening. At times we have complained to the restaurant staff, as have other diners. This achieves a constant shuffling of chairs and a constant stream of people in and out of the restaurant like yoyos.

As I posted, it's a pet hate of mine, and I know a pet hate of many others too.
Sometimes it bothers me, sometimes not. If they're speaking to their party quietly, I just ignore it and mind my own business, as it's just the way the world is today. What I hate is hearing the constant ringing of cell phones throughout a restaurant. I always turn my ringer off in restaurants, whether I'm eating alone or with someone else. I don't like to sit there and yak on my phone while I'm enjoying a meal out.

But I'd still rather listen to someone talk on their phone than deal with kids crying and screaming. I was out shopping one day and went to a nice restaurant to grab some lunch. I was seated across the way from a couple and their kid. The kid was probably 2 or 3 years old. No sooner did I sit down, the whining started. I got up and moved to another table so I wasn't right beside them, but I could still hear the kid, who was still whining and moaning by the time I got my food. I only got about halfway through my lunch and lost my appetite, I was sick of listening to it. I waved my server over and told him I wanted my check, that I couldn't enjoy my meal because of the kid crying. The parents did nothing, the restaurant did nothing, so I left, leaving half my lunch sitting on the table. My sever asked if I wanted it boxed up, but I said no because it was a very warm day and I had more shopping to do and the food would have sat in my car and got all disgusting by the time I'd get it home.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2017, 07:29 PM

The ads at the bottom of a search results page.

I searched for 'moisture in cars' and there was an ad at the bottom offering

Car Moisture up to 75% off.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 12:11 AM

**Please note our rules..
Do not discuss other members (or ex-members) on the forum
Thank you.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 08:54 AM

Forum posts which leave members blissfully wondering
"What the hell is he/she on about ? "
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 12:58 PM

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2017, 06:30 PM

Talking about upwards inflection in speech.

Watched Wanted Down Under Revisited this morning. A woman born in NZ and who came to the UK with her parents when young, wanted to go back. She, hubby and son made the move to NZ after appearing on the show. She hadn't been there 2 years and was already speaking like a true Kiwi...with the upward inflection. Irritated me, actually!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

09-02-2017, 05:19 PM

On the bus home this afternoon, a mother let her child watch a tablet in its pushchair, while I tried to read my library book. Couldn't concentrate while Peppa Pig was on a constant loop! So am adding that to my irritations.

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top