Join for free
Page 10 of 17 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Geordiegirl
Suffolk UK
Geordiegirl is female  Geordiegirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 10:03 AM

Re: Weight losses

Sorry folks wont have anything to add cos Ive been in hosp for a bit of major surgery so wont be going to fat club till week after next, but good luck to you all

Jeanette x
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Geordiegirl ->
Sorry folks wont have anything to add cos Ive been in hosp for a bit of major surgery so wont be going to fat club till week after next, but good luck to you all

Jeanette x
Take take care of yourself & get well Jeanette. Best wishes..
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 11:26 AM

From me too Jeanette darlin' - get well soon. In the meantime you need to rebuild your strength so I prescribe suet dumplings in stew and jam roly-poly and custard for afters!!!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Nuttygran ->
Grrr! I have gained 2lbs. Except for one day, I have eaten 'healthily'..
Nuttygran, try not to weigh every day/week leave it say for a couple of weeks so that you can tell if you have lost weigt or just water weight or even gained because you haven't emptied your bowls.

My weigh nurse at the doctors advises weighing yourself on the same scale wearing the same things every fortnight and no more.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 01:55 PM

Grrr! I have gained 2lbs. Except for one day, I have eaten 'healthily'..
Oh dear it isn't encouraging is it
Don't worry to much about fluctuating weight as fluid weighs more than fat and if you haven't increased calories then you may have been eating some foods that retains more fluid temporarily. Keep going next week you could just drop down again as weight is rarely that consistent.
"Healthy diet is not necessarily a slimming diet you still have to watch the calories.Don't forget energy in doesn't equal energy out.If you are not very active and you have a slower than average metabolism you really do have to give the empty calories a miss.Age also comes into it as metabolism slows with age.It's surprising how few calories some people actually do need. Calorie charts are only a general guide and don't apply to individuals.

For myself I have started exercising again and I have lost 1lb this week. Present weight is 9st. 8lbs. Nearly back to 91/2 st. what my husband describes as my fighting weight. As I am 5ft.5ins. that's about right for me so maybe next week I will be there.
rueben
lancs uk
rueben is female  rueben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 02:01 PM

Jeanette x
Best wishes Jeanette hope all goes well for you.Good vibes sent your way.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 03:11 PM

Jeanette x
Hope you'll feel better soon, Jeanette...
Sending you best wishes, take care.. *hugs*
Nuttygran
Northumberland, UK.
Nuttygran is female  Nuttygran has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Nuttygran, try not to weigh every day/week leave it say for a couple of weeks so that you can tell if you have lost weigt or just water weight or even gained because you haven't emptied your bowls.

My weigh nurse at the doctors advises weighing yourself on the same scale wearing the same things every fortnight and no more.
I weigh myself post wee & pre shower, in the nuddy..
I shall try to take your advice & avoid the scales..
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 03:58 PM

Oh dear, hope you feel better soon, it does take time.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2011, 05:26 PM

I weigh myself post wee & pre shower, in the nuddy..
I shall try to take your advice & avoid the scales..

Whey hey!!!!

Page 10 of 17 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top