Join for free
View Poll Results: Who should be the next PM out of this lot?
Penny Mordaunt 1 5.00%
Pritti Patel 1 5.00%
Esther McVie 3 15.00%
Andrea Leadsom 7 35.00%
Dominic Raab 4 20.00%
Micheal Gove 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Page 10 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 04:38 PM

Re: Who should be the next PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I am putting my head above the parapet by saying this but DEFINITELY not another woman! Sorry, that is not to say a woman cannot do anything a man can do as PM. I just feel that those condescending, sexist prats in the EU Parliament need to deal with a man, who certainly won't take the crap that was heaped upon Maybot who was no match for them.
If they try it on with a man, the threat of a smack in the chops will soon shut them up.

Boris is the only choice for me, but only because he is the best of a bad bunch.
Since no pm of yours will be negotiating in brussels (remember? no renegotiating of a deal), and you lost your place in the commission, the EU is history for you.
So only your parliament will be the battlefield for a new pm. Thatcher did rather well in slapping down her male opponents. So why not a strong woman for pm?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 05:09 PM

Did anyone hear Hunt this morning?

Speaking to BBC Radio 4's Today programme, Mr Hunt said he wanted to change the withdrawal agreement that Mrs May negotiated with the EU - despite the bloc repeatedly refusing to re-open talks on the document.

He also pledged to create a new UK negotiating team - drawn from all sides of the Tory Party, plus members of Northern Ireland's DUP - to "give the EU the confidence that any offer can be delivered through Parliament".

He seems to think that when the EU said, "That's it, take it or leave it..." they didn't really mean it.

Does he live on a different planet?
He thinks they will be happy to renegotiate.
What do you think?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->

Speaking to BBC Radio 4's Today programme, Mr Hunt said he wanted to change the withdrawal agreement that Mrs May negotiated with the EU - despite the bloc repeatedly refusing to re-open talks on the document.

He also pledged to create a new UK negotiating team - drawn from all sides of the Tory Party, plus members of Northern Ireland's DUP - to "give the EU the confidence that any offer can be delivered through Parliament".

He seems to think that when the EU said, "That's it, take it or leave it..." they didn't really mean it.

What do you think?
The remainers are still remainers Ruthio. Hunt contradicted
himself a couple of times also while answering questions
also! The Tories are in a quandry of their own and Theresa's
making!, they allowed UK to be herded into a corner by
superior eu manouvering, because they did'nt stand firm in
the beginning!
Thus we have only two options left, No Deal v WA which
guarantees nothing and paying up front!
No deal is now the only honorable choice!
As you say the POSHOC still live in a different country!

Regards Donkeyman!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 05:39 PM

What do you think?
Hi

I think that the EU are fed up with the whole thing, have accepted that we are leaving and want to move on.

I cannot see them renegotiating the withdrawal agreement but would be open to changing the Political Statement as regards the future relationship.

The contenders for the PM job can huff and puff and make as many wild promises as they want.

The fact is the Parliamentary Arithmetic has not changed and only the Peterborough Bye Election coming up.

Farage can threaten to disrupt the EU Parliament, however if he does the EU will retaliate.

Whoever is the new PM will be one going back to the EU to ask for changes and the default position, agreed by the EU, is that we leave on October.

The best thing the new PM can do is to up the planning for No Deal, we are still a long way from being ready and vindictive Mrs May has put the whole thing on hold.

We will not have an effective, functioning Government until the end of July.

This is not a good place to be with Brexit Date looming again and a disruptive Parliament.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I think that the EU are fed up with the whole thing, have accepted that we are leaving and want to move on.

I cannot see them renegotiating the withdrawal agreement but would be open to changing the Political Statement as regards the future relationship.

The contenders for the PM job can huff and puff and make as many wild promises as they want.

The fact is the Parliamentary Arithmetic has not changed and only the Peterborough Bye Election coming up.

Farage can threaten to disrupt the EU Parliament, however if he does the EU will retaliate.

Whoever is the new PM will be one going back to the EU to ask for changes and the default position, agreed by the EU, is that we leave on October.

The best thing the new PM can do is to up the planning for No Deal, we are still a long way from being ready and vindictive Mrs May has put the whole thing on hold.

This is not a good place to be with Brexit Date looming again and a disruptive Parliament.
Absolutely.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 07:05 PM

Hi

I agree with your assessment of the situation we find ourselves
in Swimmy, but l dont think we should focus on october as a
sort of Dday as l dont think eu will let us off the hook so
easily until they have secured their WA! they are relying on
our POSHOC to acheive this for them!
So l think we should set our target as after october and
take advantage of the inevitable GE!, to effect a change of
government, and all that entails!
Perhaps you have a different view?

Regards Donkeyman!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
I agree with your assessment of the situation we find ourselves
in Swimmy, but l dont think we should focus on october as a
sort of Dday as l dont think eu will let us off the hook so
easily until they have secured their WA! they are relying on
our POSHOC to acheive this for them!
So l think we should set our target as after october and
take advantage of the inevitable GE!, to effect a change of
government, and all that entails!
Perhaps you have a different view?

Regards Donkeyman!
Hi

I do not think that we will get a General Election soon.

The next one is not due until May 2022.

To have one before then 2 thirds of MPs will have to vote for one.

I do not think that the Tories will vote for one, Farage would obliterate them, I think they will want to keep their salaries and expenses for as long as possible.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 07:48 PM

Hi

I do not think that the Tories will vote for one, Farage would obliterate them, I think they will want to keep their salaries and expenses for as long as possible.
..Because that's demonstrably all they care about quite frankly.
Disgusting people, the lot of them.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2019, 07:52 PM

What do you think?
I think he's an arsehole. He's never been any good in any of the ministerial roles he's been given so why should he be trusted as PM?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

28-05-2019, 07:55 PM

Hi

I suppose that technically that could happen Swimmy, but do
you think the Tory remnants would be able to withstand the
force of public opinion and the brexit parties efforts to
dislodge them?

Regards Donkeyman!

Page 10 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top