Join for free
Page 10 of 38 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 04:31 PM

Re: Syria - US ships move in!

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Syria, reportedly has a very effective missile defence system in place. Whilst Obama, Cameron & Hollande may think Syria is going to be 'push over', I don't think they're going to find it as easy as their invasion of Iraq.
I don't think Cameron thinks that at all - in fact, if he's agreed to go along with this lunacy, then he isn't thinking at all. Is it compulsory for every PM/President to wage war on someone
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I don't think Cameron thinks that at all - in fact, if he's agreed to go along with this lunacy, then he isn't thinking at all. Is it compulsory for every PM/President to wage war on someone

Obama has jerked his chain, much like Reagan did with Thatcher (phth, phth, phth), & Dubbya did with Bliar. Vivre la 'special relationship!!!
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 04:43 PM

Obama has jerked his chain, much like Reagan did with Thatcher (phth, phth, phth), & Dubbya did with Bliar. Vivre la 'special relationship!!!
Absolutely Uncle Joe - I'm fuming if this is what's happening. I get so sick and tired of all this willy-waving going on, for goodness sake.

Right, I'm going off think about fields and fluffly lambs till I regain control of this fit of pique ...
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 05:02 PM

Seriously?? If it were Bush we... including YOU would have been in the thick of it by now... We would also be in IRAN.. I think we should ALL thank our lucky stars that it is Obama and not Bush/cheney.. Obama is taking his time and measuring every course of action. This is hardly a knee jerk reaction..
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 05:05 PM

"Willy - waving" how's that for a mental image!
I'm worried about this mostly because Iran is posturing, who knows what they've got!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 06:01 PM

We're doomed!
Dont panic Mr Mainwaring!
What a load of plunkers we have running the world, we should get them all together and put them in the ring, last one standing wins.
I think we will be at the hot air stage for a couple of weeks yet, and if DC thinks very carefully he will keep out of it.
For crying out loud keep out of it and let them fight it out between them.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 06:07 PM

The problem is though that Syria is too close geographically to Israel and since the U.S. consistently prop up this Fascist state, then they can't leave the Syrians to sort it out themselves because it just might impact adversely on Israel.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 06:08 PM

Another thing to remember is, that no matter what happens, the warring factions will never resolve it, just like Iraq.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2013, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
We're doomed!
Dont panic Mr Mainwaring!
What a load of plunkers we have running the world, we should get them all together and put them in the ring, last one standing wins.
I think we will be at the hot air stage for a couple of weeks yet, and if DC thinks very carefully he will keep out of it.
For crying out loud keep out of it and let them fight it out between them.
Isn't the use of Chemical weapons against International law? Do you think those films of rows of dead children with no wounds or trama were fake? Is it easy to get all those little babies to lay still and pretend to be dead? Yes.. I agreed Bush/Cheney lied about WMDs in Iraq.. No doubt.. Bush had an ax to grind with Sadam Hussain and Cheney owned Haliburton and was looking to make a fortune for himself and his buddies. NO arguing with you there... I detested Bush and cheney and I think they should both be in prison now.

So that said... now EVERYTHING is a lie? You cannot just sit idyly by and let innocent people be killed.. It would be different if they were just fighting it out between the troops... but KIDS?? Why even HAVE International law? Why even have treaties, and allies..?? Let's all just be little islands and look out only for ourselves.. that would work out real swell... wouldn't it?
AudreyII
USA

27-08-2013, 06:15 PM

The problem is though that Syria is too close geographically to Israel and since the U.S. consistently prop up this Fascist state, then they can't leave the Syrians to sort it out themselves because it just might impact adversely on Israel.

From what I know... Israel can pretty much take care of itself.. In fact we are always asking Israel to take it easy and not retaliate.... because Israel could pretty much on it's own take down the whole region. So that is definately NOT the reason...

Let me tell you why the US seems to be so up Israel's arse.. It has nothing to do with what you seem to think.. It's our far Right religious nut jobs that see the protection of Israel and a devine prophecy in the Bible... and it's God's will that Israel be protected in order for Armagedon to happen and we all be saved... Or rather the Christians be saved... That Religioius faction has such a hold over middle east policy that every Politician falls over his tongue professing to love Israel more than the next guy. If the fact be known... this faction is really pretty anti-semetic and could care less about Israel and the Jews. They are only concerned with the part Israel will play in fulfilling biblical prophecy.

Page 10 of 38 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top