Join for free
Page 10 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2015, 01:42 PM

Re: Elderly Exercise?

How different we all are, for me it's swimming 50 lengths a day. Also Clydesdale riding a few evenings a week and the daily hoof of several miles with the dog.
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2015, 06:15 PM

Don't know if I posted here before. I have a simple activity tracker and physically active schedule. One feature I like about FitBit is having a virtual friend board that you can compete with. For instance last night I got home and checked the dashboard. There is one young man who playfully taunts me when he gets ahead. It was late night, but just a quick outing with each dog and left him in the dust. Also to clarify, my pups can be so happy getting out, your feet might not touch the ground for a mile or two.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2015, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Rachel you are doing so well. Good for you girl. For making the effort. You are definitely inspiring me
Originally Posted by mart ->
19 miles ridden today and at the end, it's just a matter of carrying the bike up the steps before coasting to home:
Originally Posted by Mags ->
A nice scenic route Mart, far better than fume filled roads...
Thank you Myra ...
Looks beautiful Mart ... carrying a bike up steps ? eeeeeek and riding 19 miles !!!

Well I have now cycled about 2 miles TWICE LOL and I remain fairly useless but was delighted to have managed it without falling off and running anyone over. My companion has been so complimentary about my cycling skill (in the singular) that I am beaming inside.

I should add that we drove to a local park/nature reserve, so there was no traffic.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Elderly people who exercise 'live five years longer'

Well I will go along with this after my experiment (kinda) that I have run in the last year.

What experiment?

Very little exercise, eat and drink to excess etc, the result of which I'm now 2 stone heavier and as unfit as hell. During this time I hurt my knee from the added impact of the weight on my knee when attempting to run the weight off.

Where is a box I can stand on?
The before pic ...

Not ready to show you my usual muscular svelte torso yet but getting there ...

I'm now a lot lighter and able to run everyday . Will soon be at my ideal weight I reckon which is under 10st.

I should be an inspiration to you all - get fit and slim!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 12:01 PM

Well done you Mark very impressive
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->

Well I have now cycled about 2 miles TWICE LOL and I remain fairly useless.

I should add that we drove to a local park/nature reserve, so there was no traffic.

And I managed to fall off last evening when I tried to stop carefully. Toppled over

Poo ... shall practice some more this evening without falling over.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 11:15 PM

A low impact aerobics class, twice a week for me. It's for older people and we have a good laugh. Outings are arranged too, so a social club also. I love it.
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 03:44 AM

Something good about trackers are they can give you that extra nudge sometimes. I just looked at my dashboard of others I compete against daily. I took my girl out walking earlier-she's dog aggressive and early evening is when other pups are out...No fun when she tries to take me with her howling at other innocent dogs so I brought her home early. Now it's late enough we can walk alone...and step my way up the dashboard as well...Win/Win!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

22-07-2015, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
A low impact aerobics class, twice a week for me. It's for older people and we have a good laugh. Outings are arranged too, so a social club also. I love it.
That sounds like something I should do but I know I won't. Never been any good at joining stuff unless dragged along by a best friend ... or Mum !

My cycling last evening was better I'm still pretty useless though and when I got on my trusty steed, I thought I'd only manage a few minutes. Surprised myself by going round the whole track without stopping and I was less panicky.

I actually managed to look at the scenery a couple of times BRIEFLY, instead of staring at the ground ahead and I'm getting a feeling for the gears.

Thank goodness I have 'me bloke' with me I have very little sense of direction and even though we've done the same route 5 times now, I'm sure I'd get lost on my own.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 09:15 PM

Well I have been struggling for weeks but I went for my 5 day in a row run tonight for 6 miles and felt much fitter and stronger. Took my time but I felt I could have put my foot down if I wanted. At last a definite sign of improvement. Sure is hard getting running fit but worth while I'm sure.

Page 10 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top