Join for free
Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2015, 11:11 AM

Re: Walter Palmer (the killing of Cecil the lion)

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I hate to say this but I had a fascination for guns when very young. I absolutely loved airguns and killed just about every bird and small animal going. It never occurred to me at the time these creatures were anything but prey. I would spend hours waiting for rats to surface at the local dump or crows to land in trees. I was remorseless. It just seemed so natural at the time.

Years passed by ...

I tried fishing a few years back and I realised I couldn't do it anymore. I couldn't even put the worm on the hook without squirming and feeling sorry for it. Over the years I had absolutely changed from a killer to someone that only kills flies if they are really p****** him off and then reluctantly.

What bothers me about this guy though is that he has never changed. It also bothers me about lots of men in that they don't alter as they become older. Where is the 'wisdom' that comes with age with many? I'm a totally different person now compared to how I was but these guys? Some only change when challenged and made to back down. I tell you lots of men are abhorrent arrogant creatures that need to be humbled before they see the light.
Very nicely put. I too had a cheap air rifle and yes,just once,shot a bird, I saw it lying there with blood around and cried my heart out. I still own a very powerful air pistol-the last time I used it to kill a living creature was to shoot a rat one of my cats had caught,hurt badly, but had failed to kill.
KnickerFarage
London
KnickerFarage is female  KnickerFarage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 06:13 AM

i must have missed the same wailing and tearing of garments when 'Albert' the perch was snared on a viciously barbed hook, scaled and disembowelled while still alive; all in the name of sport.

or is it just that he is not furry and cute?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 08:43 AM

I hate to say this but I had a fascination for guns when very young. I absolutely loved airguns and killed just about every bird and small animal going. It never occurred to me at the time these creatures were anything but prey. I would spend hours waiting for rats to surface at the local dump or crows to land in trees. I was remorseless. It just seemed so natural at the time.

Years passed by ...

I tried fishing a few years back and I realised I couldn't do it anymore. I couldn't even put the worm on the hook without squirming and feeling sorry for it. Over the years I had absolutely changed from a killer to someone that only kills flies if they are really p****** him off and then reluctantly.

What bothers me about this guy though is that he has never changed. It also bothers me about lots of men in that they don't alter as they become older. Where is the 'wisdom' that comes with age with many? I'm a totally different person now compared to how I was but these guys? Some only change when challenged and made to back down. I tell you lots of men are abhorrent arrogant creatures that need to be humbled before they see the light.
Wonderful inspiring post
The BIB is 'exactly' what I said to Fabs a few days back as we discussed the subject
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Wonderful inspiring post
The BIB is 'exactly' what I said to Fabs a few days back as we discussed the subject
Thanks

I have my moments. You have to cut the wheat from the chaff .
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 08:54 AM

Thanks

I have my moments. You have to cut the wheat from the chaff .
mKJ can you please stop it you've got them all believing you and the rest of us are pucking!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
mKJ can you please stop it you've got them all believing you and the rest of us are pucking!
No idea what 'pucking' means?

Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 09:12 AM

I think `pucking` could become a term used in Australia to describe Stuart Broad? 8 wickets for 15 runs?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2015, 09:22 AM

No idea what 'pucking' means?

you know what I mean markie - the women love 'reformed alcos" -it's the mothering instinct - ya being mothered by some of the best rescuers in the trade!!

oh and little boys that stop playin with guns and become pacifists!
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 04:28 PM

Well I wouldn't have a pucking clue, really.
But I suspect he might be mucking up the Yankism 'to puke' or vomit.

With Gummy, who knows ..... ?
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 06:05 PM

I just cannot understand how anyone can deliberately kill an animal, bird, insect for pleasure. I can, however understand a person killing another person in the heat of the moment but that would not, of course be for pleasure.
I cannot kill any living creature and go to great lengths to liberate any insects who have mistakenly found their way into my house. I also liberate any slugs and snails that I find in my garden.

Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top