Join for free
Page 10 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 04:52 PM

Re: Good deeds

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I get fed up with doing good deeds

Years ago when my neighbours husband was ill I started mowing our shared lawn. The husband died years ago and I am still mowing the lawn with my now ancient tiny mower .
My neighbour gets her new big mower out to cut her back lawn but she never does the front shared lawn .

My son has a battery mower which is not up to the job in his new house so he is giving it to me .
The battery I think last 20 minutes, just enough to do my back lawn and half the front
Oh poooo Meg
That's just plain horrible of them.
Maybe they'll 'get their reward in heaven'

*hisses like snake*
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I forgot to mention my other good deeds.

I did apply to be a Volunteer at the London Olympics.

Unfortunately there were no no vacancies for shower attendants for the Ladies Beach Volleyball Teams.

Sure sign you're feeling on the mend again.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I get fed up with doing good deeds

Years ago when my neighbours husband was ill I started mowing our shared lawn. The husband died years ago and I am still mowing the lawn with my now ancient tiny mower .
My neighbour gets her new big mower out to cut her back lawn but she never does the front shared lawn .

My son has a battery mower which is not up to the job in his new house so he is giving it to me .
The battery I think last 20 minutes, just enough to do my back lawn and half the front
No good deed goes unpunished Mups !
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 05:05 PM

Artangel, good deed or not, I just have to say when I read your post I sat here laughing to myself, I thought it was hilarious about the ginger cat
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2017, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Marion ->
Artangel, good deed or not, I just have to say when I read your post I sat here laughing to myself, I thought it was hilarious about the ginger cat
Marion, l'm really glad it made you laugh!

If ever you need someone to look after your cats...l'm your man!!
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2017, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by gasman ->
No problem and your kind DEED encapsulates exactly what our great country is all about. In fact, many of us carry out good deeds, perhaps on a daily basis. Looking after someone, someones garden, shopping for the elderly etc and do not wish to be thanked, or, take any recognition.
Some of us, however, think that it's nice to share with others how their life is maybe transformed by helping others. We like to share our thoughts, that's part of being on an open forum. Perhaps, maybe, it might inspire others to rally round and think, you know what, Harry next door might need a hand with his shopping, I'll go and ask.
A simple deed, but yet, one worthy of praise to help ones neighbour / friend.

Perhaps you should think again before rebuffing forum members for their actions.
Bump
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Nope and it's not a Damsel fly either ...

It's only about half an inch long.
OK

This MIGHT be it ... although it looked quite different when viewed through the polythene. Couldn't see so much black on it.

It is small and THIN.

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 12:00 PM

OK

This MIGHT be it ... although it looked quite different when viewed through the polythene. Couldn't see so much black on it.

It is small and THIN.

It looks like an anorexic bee or wasp!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 12:02 PM

OK

It is small and THIN.

Rachel, you ought to start a "Guess the Insect" thread in the pets column. I bet someone could identify it for you.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2017, 12:28 PM

OK

It is small and THIN.

Sounds like one of the Parasistic wasps. There are over 2000 in Britain

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=uk...w=1173&bih=621

Page 10 of 13 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top