Join for free
Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 02:12 AM

Re: Have you been to a big concert?

Oh, I love Shirley Bassey........
This is my life.

I love this lady, and she is a LADY, Wow !!
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
One of the smallest "concerts" I attended was at the Walsgrave Inn, Coventry in 1966 - I paid 2/6 to see Steampacket - 3 vocalists for the price of 1:

Dapper days, indeed .....
What a beautiful photo.......love it.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

07-11-2018, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Another all time favourite concert was Springsteen and The E Street Band at his "Born In The USA" Tour at The CNE Grandstand, in Toronto, July 24th, 1984... I went with my daughter, it was outdoors, with a sell out crowd and standing room only...

He did about a half hour of songs dedicated to Elvis during the show.

My son went with us to the CNE but not the show...as he preferred to partake of the rides and other fun parts of the midway... He told us afterward that he was riding the Sky Ride during Springsteen's salute to Elvis and had remarked to another passenger that "Right about now my mother will be crying." And, I was!
WOW, this must have been wonderful.......
Thanks Filly......
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

07-11-2018, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Ive only ever been to one

But it was Neil Diamond and it was fantastic
Oh Missy, you saw Neil Diamond also....great !!
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

07-11-2018, 02:21 AM

Saw Kitty Wells in a small concert in Toronto.......

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
What a beautiful photo.......love it.
Rod Stewart on the left; Long John Baldry next to him; the lovely Julie Driscoll next to him; Brian Auger on the right .....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

07-11-2018, 02:36 AM

Oh, I forgot Stompin Tom. I can't remember if I saw him in Hamilton or Toronto. I lived in Hamilton, so that is probably where I saw him in concert, but there is a place in Toronto called the Horshoe Tavern, and they have many great artists there and I went regularly and I know he was there also....
This guy brought his own piece of wood to stomp on. He was friendly and lots of fun. I loved him........

He talks about Tillsomburg.........and picking at the tobbaco farms, my girl friend was one of the big Tillsomburg farmers....and I lived close by also.........

I didn't give this guy enough credit, He was wonderful and grew up in our East Coast of Canada (PEI), but he also lived in Ontario where I live.....
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Rod Stewart on the left; Long John Baldry next to him; the lovely Julie Driscoll next to him; Brian Auger on the right .....
OMG! Rod Steward. I did not recognize him.
But don’t they look rather dapper indeed.
That is a fab picture.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 06:29 AM

I've seen Status Quo four times...their concerts were always such fun....I hate just sitting and watching you have to get up and dance...Quo were great at that and other bands too..

How could anyone just sit in their seats and watch to Rocking all Over The World? Simply not possible
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I've seen Status Quo four times...their concerts were always such fun....I hate just sitting and watching you have to get up and dance...Quo were great at that and other bands too..

How could anyone just sit in their seats and watch to Rocking all Over The World? Simply not possible
One of the greatest live bands in their heyday, Summer. And I agree, a seated concert at a Quo gig just wouldn't be right would it?
I know in their later years they did a few acoustic tours but so do the Eagles and they can still be brilliant.
Rick Parfitt has been gone almost a year already. One of the greats.

Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top