Join for free
Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 04:22 PM

Re: Plastic Bags go up to 10p

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I'm puzzled.
Why would you take a shopping trolley in your car to the supermarket? Doesn't your supermarket provide trolleys?
That was my point: it isn't particularly appropriate for taking in the car. They're designed for walking.
Er... she walks; the trolley just rolls along behind.

Yes, our supermarkets all supply trolleys, but they cost £1 each. I've often considered that quite good value, but Marge won't let me keep them; she wants her £1 back.

Can't you use that to cart your shopping bags to your car?
No need to use the cart to take the shopping bags to the car. They're really quite light when they'e empty.
Marge can carry them herself, although she does tend to struggle a bit when they're full. Naturally, I do my part - I put the car away.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Don't know about JBR but mine makes it easier to get from the car to my flat as I have a car park to walk across and I can bump my trolley up the stairs.
Ah, you want one with three wheels on each side like ours!

If it's Marge's birthday, I sometimes help by lifting the bottom of the trolley as she walks up the 11 steps on our front path.

I'm nice like that.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 04:28 PM

Don't know about JBR but mine makes it easier to get from the car to my flat as I have a car park to walk across and I can bump my trolley up the stairs.
Ah, I hadn't thought of that.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That was my point: it isn't particularly appropriate for taking in the car. They're designed for walking.
Er... she walks; the trolley just rolls along behind.

Yes, our supermarkets all supply trolleys, but they cost £1 each. I've often considered that quite good value, but Marge won't let me keep them; she wants her £1 back.

No need to use the cart to take the shopping bags to the car. They're really quite light when they'e empty.
Marge can carry them herself, although she does tend to struggle a bit when they're full. Naturally, I do my part - I put the car away.
Such a natural gentleman JBR I am sure she appreciates that help.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

29-12-2018, 04:40 PM

Such a natural gentleman JBR I am sure she appreciates that help.
Yes, well, I try.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 06:13 PM

Ah, I hadn't thought of that.
Surely, you must have done Besoeker.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Ah, you want one with three wheels on each side like ours!

If it's Marge's birthday, I sometimes help by lifting the bottom of the trolley as she walks up the 11 steps on our front path.

I'm nice like that.
I always knew you were a top bloke JBR.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 06:17 PM

We use two large plastic boxes that just fit inside a Tesco shopping trolley. Using the hand scanners means that we don't have to take out the shopping at the tills. Occasionally we get selected for a check, and it makes things easier for the assistant to check stuff in the boxes.

They lift from the trolley into the boot, and then into the house when we get home. They sometimes get a bit heavy though with all Mrs Foxes Gin, wine and tonic water.....She has to ask me to help her in with them sometimes....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

29-12-2018, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I always knew you were a top bloke JBR.
Yer.....Top bloke JB....
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2018, 06:47 PM

We seem to have meandered a little bit of the plastic bags topic. Increasing the price or even banning them won't reverse the damage already done. And I don't see why we don't make the bags out of biodegradable plastic like the doggy poo bags.
It's not as if they are expensive. A roll of 100 costs 44p.

Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top