Join for free
Page 10 of 40 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 05:29 AM

Re: Flexible extension???

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Are you forgetting uk has been a member of eu for+_ 50yrs
receiving all the supposed benifits of being a member of
this august body. Does this fit in with the reality you describe?

Regards, Donkeyman.
There you go blaming the EU for our own domestic problems. Whilst being a member of the EU we have been the fifth largest economy. A far cry from the dire days strike and power cuts before we joined the EEC

The reality I describe is due to the policies of our own governments from when Thatcher decided to dismantle our industrial heartlands.

The EU have been putting money into deprived areas of the UK where our own governments haven’t

Leaving the EU will not remedy the inequalities and poverty in our country, if forecasts are to be believed it will make it worse. Changing our own political system just might do so but whilst we have two dominant parties Change is difficult although the impact of Leaving the EU might just tip the scales
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
There you go blaming the EU for our own domestic problems. Whilst being a member of the EU we have been the fifth largest economy. A far cry from the dire days strike and power cuts before we joined the EEC

The reality I describe is due to the policies of our own governments from when Thatcher decided to dismantle our industrial heartlands.

The EU have been putting money into deprived areas of the UK where our own governments haven’t

Leaving the EU will not remedy the inequalities and poverty in our country, if forecasts are to be believed it will make it worse. Changing our own political system just might do so but whilst we have two dominant parties Change is difficult although the impact of Leaving the EU might just tip the scales
Oh dear not only are you clueless about economics your clueless about history too.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->

This and this again! Bread accuses you of not knowing your history, you can’t change the past but you can learn from it, the E.U. evolved in response to lessons learned from the World Wars. I don’t see how reverting to right wing isolationism can do anyone any good. Keep it going Banchory.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Oh dear not only are you clueless about economics your clueless about history too.
Did you mean to answer a different post?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Did you mean to answer a different post?

No ...
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

13-04-2019, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by weedeek ->
This and this again! Bread accuses you of not knowing your history, you can’t change the past but you can learn from it, the E.U. evolved in response to lessons learned from the World Wars. I don’t see how reverting to right wing isolationism can do anyone any good. Keep it going Banchory.

Oh look.... it's a unicorn
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
If you understood the word "Sympathy" you might have noted this definition:-

Sympathy is the older of the two terms. It entered English in the mid-1500s with a very broad meaning of “agreement or harmony in qualities between things or people.”

As for the amounts wasted you are now suggesting time limits which you failed to mention in your post.

Pedantics (giving too much attention to formal rules or small details) is not an argument for anything.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Pedantics (giving too much attention to formal rules or small details) is not an argument for anything.
Coming from you, that made me fall off my chair laughing!

itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 10:45 AM

You need to be more careful Ted at this time of the morning, brittle bones and all that you know?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

13-04-2019, 11:13 AM

Same here

Page 10 of 40 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top