Join for free
Page 10 of 38 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2014, 10:53 PM

Re: Lets see your younger pics

Great photo Hanfonius . Must have taken the photographer ages to try and get you all to look at the camera........... and failed miserably!! YOU weren't camera shy!
AlbertaS
Berkshire, UK
AlbertaS is female  AlbertaS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 03:50 PM

Not sure how old I am here. I do remember being told that I was very tearful when having this taken. That's obviously why I look so miserable.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 03:52 PM

What a lovely photo of you AlbertaS
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 03:56 PM

Han - thank you for sharing your picture, brought back memories - smashing
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 03:57 PM

Alberta - Little House on the Prairie - springs to mind, love the picture
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2014, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by AlbertaS ->
Not sure how old I am here. I do remember being told that I was very tearful when having this taken. That's obviously why I look so miserable.
I can see you were into dolls then too Alberta
Looking back at those baby clothes and thinking of all the work that went into washing and ironing them compared with the 'baby grows' these days.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2014, 09:39 PM

Bit of a coincidence Hanfonius but this is Granby Lane in Dublin's city centre, knocked down now and flats built there, the church is still standing. I was born in the top room on the extreme right, you can only see the edge of it, the old lady with the two kids is my great grandmother, this was taken in the early thirties. There is a Granby Place nearby, I think they are named after Lord Granby, whoever he was. The 'Holy Shop' was called The Mission and ran by a Mrs Purcell, sold all sorts of religious stuff, I faintly remember her, I was 4 when we moved out.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2014, 10:23 PM

Jem; that is a beautiful picture.

When I am in the States, I often go to Flea Markets (the same as our boot fairs), and almost every time, I will see boxes of old photographs. They are invariably of Victorian people, posing for their families, and dressed in their Sunday best.
Alas, nobody will ever know who they were. These photographs have been tossed out. It is as though those people had never existed. All that remains of them is an unknown photograph. You can buy them for 10 cents, but few do.

You have a photograph where you know the people on it. You know the area, and you know the history. I find that quite beautiful.

Please make sure you pass it onto a family member who will look after it.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2014, 10:40 PM

I love old photos, so I'd probaly find them irresistible! That's me in the first one looking serious at 17
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2014, 10:57 PM

[IMG]
[/IMG]

This is an old photograph of my OH on her school sports day back in 1953. Eeee, that'll bring a few memories back again, ladies..

Page 10 of 38 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top