Join for free
Page 103 of 505 « First < 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 > Last »
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 06:33 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Let's hope their recent 'quick-build' hospital (two weeks' to build?) was constructed better than this hotel, being used as a coronavirus quarantine facility, which recently collapsed:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51784167
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
In that case ,following your theory Annie the repeated advice of using soap for washing hands is incorrect and washing hands in hot water would be enough?
Bleach in hot water for wiping surfaces down yes but I haven't seen thin bleach for years ,it’s all thick toilet bowl & drain stuff around these days . Why?
Anyway ,if you happen to be someone using public transport ,think the Tube for instance ,what chance have commuters to wash their hands on their journey into work ? Think about how many times they must touch surfaces countless others have .
Never heard the term "thin" bleach. But you may be referring to laundry bleach ? Good Heavens. What do you use when laundering your white clothes ? I can't imagine doing my laundry without using Clorox bleach.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 07:03 PM

Trouble is......You can be as vigilant as you like but anyone visiting your house (Friends, Neighbours, Family) must be as fastidious as you or else you're wasting your time. And don't forget, for the first three days of being infected there are no symptoms but can still be passed on, that's one of the reasons it's gone viral.......Pardon the pun...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Never heard the term "thin" bleach. But you may be referring to laundry bleach ? Good Heavens. What do you use when laundering your white clothes ? I can't imagine doing my laundry without using Clorox bleach.
I thought bleach makes whites go yellowish over time?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Heatherbelle ->
Although awareness is always a good thing, the media has gone into a frenzy with this virus. People are beginning to panic, stockpiling, and generally behaving as though there is no hope. Many who get this virus will survive, some won’t. I believe you should always practice the sensible things like thoroughly washing your hands, sneezing into a tissue or your sleeve etc and not be responsible for the spread of any germs. Keeping a healthy lifestyle is also important. I guess my attitude is…..if it’s my time, it’s my time and in the meantime, I refuse to be thrown into a panic and will continue to enjoy life with a few precautions during this difficult time.
Exactly right.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Trouble is......You can be as vigilant as you like but anyone visiting your house (Friends, Neighbours, Family) must be as fastidious as you or else you're wasting your time. And don't forget, for the first three days of being infected there are no symptoms but can still be passed on, that's one of the reasons it's gone viral.......Pardon the pun...

I totally agree. This virus is much more dangerous than people think. The average flu kills only .1% of infected people. However, the covid-19, which has mutated into 2 distinct viruses, kills 2.4% of infected people.

It has not yet turned into a "wildfire", but it soon might. All it would take is for one single infected human to get on the London tube or the N.Y. C. subway at rush hour and it will be totally out of control.

One thing is certain. With my underlying health issues, (COPD and a poor heart), if I contract it, it will be GAME, SET, MATCH for me. All I hope for is that it will end me very quickly.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 08:07 PM

My daughter has 'ordered' me to take my own bags to Morrisons and do not use a trolley or basket.
Makes sense.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 08:09 PM

The island has just announced it's first Corona Virus patient. Some idiot posted it on FB earlier today but the post was deleted as the thug mentality was out in force!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
The island has just announced it's first Corona Virus patient. Some idiot posted it on FB earlier today but the post was deleted as the thug mentality was out in force!
what do you mean 'the island' Lindy
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2020, 08:31 PM

Asda Smart Price thin bleach 38p for 2L

Page 103 of 505 « First < 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top