Join for free
Page 107 of 1676 « First < 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 607 1107 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2016, 08:55 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Nice one Pug, BTW.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2016, 12:55 AM

Thankyou,good sir.

Another thing that occurred to moi-some time ago now,I must admit;
I can recall during one of the myriad halcyon days that amalgamated into what was laughingly called my 'education',sitting one day in history class,as Mr Dunn waffled and warbled on about great inventions and the inventors thereof. As per,I was paying minimal attention,as my mind wandered idly through untold acreages of imaginative creativity coupled with a modicum of pure inquisitiveness,that,although still in it's unformulated stages,had already caused several moments of disbelieving incredulity for several schoolmasters. The particular formulative moment that comes to mind is that day Mr Dunn was prattling on about the invention of the wheel. Yes. keep that in mind. Now,whilst holding that scenario,cast your mind wide,that you can grasp the scene as a grotty,scruffy,genuinely interested but totally hopeless at interpersonal exchanges and the correct procedures thereof nerk,suddenly interrupted the interminable ramblings regarding how the wheel changed the world,with what,to that scruffy child,was a genuine observation. Namely..."Chunter,chunter,chunter,stone rollers,wooden rollers,trimmed away,became discs,chunter chunter BUT SIR;the bloke who invented the AXLE is the real genius-otherwise all you grown ups would be driving wheelbarrows!" [I got the cane for that]
But the sod knows I was right
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2016, 06:50 AM

Aged 12, I spoiled a physics lesson, by pre-empting the fact that Water finds it's own level, 12 years old is a bit early too get metaphorical.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

06-10-2016, 07:24 AM

I am now realistic, I know this cos I check my Thunderball ticket numbers, before my Lotto.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2016, 09:18 AM

I once was awarded a house point aged 11 for correctly answering the question posed by the science teacher, who we called LEADPIPE because of his penchant for sadistic beating of us boys , at random.
He reasoned that the the outside world was a capricious, unpredictable & unfair world, so we'd best get used to it.

His question was " Name a property intrinsic to water". AS the resident smartarse I offered "WATER is wet"

" Come out to the front" he bellowed.

"'Upon my soul" he announced, carving his specially sharpened thumb nail into my ear lobe.

" No one has anyone ever before said that"

"One house point".

I bumped into him many years later at a "Stations of the Cross" Anglican Easter service.

"Hello Mr Lewington" I chirped, "I remember you from MIllbrook School"

He ran out of the church.........

Footnote: WAter is wet because it is THixotropic, like snot.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2016, 03:08 PM

Gotta say,RJ, on the whole,I prefer rheotropic fluids bro. You can't beat freshly-whipped cream [see what I did there? Oh,I do make oi larf] on yer freshly-baked scones,bruv!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2016, 12:57 PM

Some good words assembled for scrutiny Puggy. I had to dig out my Wingate & Schaller complete works, in addition to my much loved Funk & Wagnall American dictionary.

Uber,Uber, Uber!
Oi Oi, OI.!
Uber Uber Uber!
Oi Oi Oi!
Uber!
Oggy
Uber
Oggy
UBer Uber Uber, Oi Oi Oi!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-10-2016, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Some good words assembled for scrutiny Puggy. I had to dig out my Wingate & Schaller complete works, in addition to my much loved Funk & Wagnall American dictionary.

Uber,Uber, Uber!
Oi Oi, OI.!
Uber Uber Uber!
Oi Oi Oi!
Uber!
Oggy
Uber
Oggy
UBer Uber Uber, Oi Oi Oi!
god RJ your poetry is improving in leaps and bounds - oops their he goes again leaping and bounding along - and he can do it in a wheelchair!!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

08-10-2016, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
god RJ your poetry is improving in leaps and bounds - oops their he goes again leaping and bounding along - and he can do it in a wheelchair!!

" Hear him, ye deaf; his praise, ye dumb,
Your loosen'd tongues employ;
Ye blind, behold your Saviour come,
And leap, ye lame, for joy
If only I could repair the cruise control up to warp 10 speed,

I'd surely be BOUND FOR GLORY!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2016, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
" Hear him, ye deaf; his praise, ye dumb,
Your loosen'd tongues employ;
Ye blind, behold your Saviour come,
And leap, ye lame, for joy
If only I could repair the cruise control up to warp 10 speed,

I'd surely be BOUND FOR GLORY!
Well ol’ RJ the mon he iz bound for glory
He iz bound for glory; he iz bound for glory
Well ol’ RJ the mon he iz bound for glory
On dat glory train [tambarines please]
Wez gonna clap ‘im on wez gonna clap ‘im on
We gonna clap ‘im on ; on dat glory train [tambarines repeat]
Singin Allelujah ; singin Allelujah ; singin Allelujah for dat glory train!! [drum roll]
OK take it Pug with that sweet guitar solo – oh my God spittie’s on fire again!

Page 107 of 1676 « First < 7 57 97 105 106 107 108 109 117 157 207 607 1107 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top