Join for free
Page 11 of 47 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2015, 01:08 PM

Re: Unbreakable Faith!

Upsetting and scaring people isn't very nice.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2015, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Not enough evidence.
I agree
As did Mr George Bernard Shaw
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2015, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
It is sad these days we don't know how to grieve and then it can lead to depression, what I am saying is it doesn't have to and IMO when people are medicated as depressed when they are grieving it doesn't help them and can make matters worse.

I seek truth I don't believe what you are saying is looking deep enough to call it's self the complete truth.
But read a couple of topics on Religion and Depression and all will fall in order.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2015, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by DragonsRealm ->
But read a couple of topics on Religion and Depression and all will fall in order.
I have I have also suffered from depression and grieved for my losses. I think I know enough to say they do not have to be linked.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2015, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Hi Realist,i just posted and it disappeared, LOL,....so will start again,...no there were no parting of clouds or a loud voice,LOL....he entered through my body,i knew straight away it
was the Holy Spirit,Jesus,as it was spiritual, remember i came from God he made me,so my spirit within me was reunited after so many long years without him,....i can assure you my encounter didn't happen just one evening,...i had a long journey of suffering and racking my soul to recieve him,..he witnessed to my soul that he was God and that Jesus died and was nailed to the cross,and took all of mankinds sin,...i grieved for many months, (my soul) it was as though i had lost a part of me,..so hard to explain,.....but remember this i am the same as you,..just that i walk in faith which was given to me by God,and has manifested in my spirit,the gift of the Holy Spirit,......i live my life the same as everyone else,..i have my own humour, i rant and rave at times,..i dont class myself as religious, ..i best stop whittling on,LOL,....have a good day!.....ps I've even been known to swear,LOL.and he accepts me for who i am and not what i am,in other words he looks at my heart!.
16 I's
And goodness knows how many mys and mes
This is self obsession
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-11-2015, 01:16 PM

I thought Pauline was asked for her personal experience and has answered well.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2015, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
'Ruffling feathers' to me is to be thought provoking. To make others question themselves anew. An alternative view. You could say I am, in a way, attempting to educate - to open people's minds to thoughts and considerations that are alien to them - thoughts that are different - to approach a problem not head on but from an unlikely angle.

I am on a mission - a man who has a destiny - a duty - a calling if you will - to boldly go where no man has gone before etc etc.

Apart from the above I am a little mischievous too (perhaps a lot come to think of it) .

I get what you are saying MKJ,..when you say educate,what do you mean?..i know what education means,..you say to open people's minds,i think that's a good thing,...but firstly they must understand what that

means,...i believe I'm open in many areas,but some areas i'm closed,like
my faith for instance, i will never see outside of that,I'm steadfast in my
faith,and know what i know in my spirit,.......how about you MKJ,are you
open ?.......dont get me wrong education is a great thing,but it doesn't

make you who you are,your heart does,...in my opinion of course!.
some people say religious people hide behind their faith,...i also believe some people hide behind their education, because that's all they have!.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2015, 01:18 PM

Can't say I'm all that happy with the way this topic is going. I have said on a number of occasions it was, and is, irresponsible to attempt to change a person's mindset who has what can be deemed an 'unbreakable faith'. I get the feeling this is becoming far too personal.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

25-11-2015, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I thought Pauline was asked for her personal experience and has answered well.
oh right
I saw the same old stuff that has been pumped out by evangelistic preachers all over for decades .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

25-11-2015, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Can't say I'm all that happy with the way this topic is going. I have said on a number of occasions it was, and is, irresponsible to attempt to change a person's mindset who has what can be deemed an 'unbreakable faith'. I get the feeling this is becoming far too personal.

What does it matter ?
If a person has unshakeable faith then that's that .
They believe what they want and nothing will shake them from it.

Page 11 of 47 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top