Join for free
Page 11 of 29 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 10:54 AM

Re: Theresa May

I wonder who is the true nasty party, at least they are not chucking bricks through each others windows. I heard briefly on the news this morning that Labour are having to suspend certain meeting until after the vote for leader for fear of more violence. I only caught part of the item but I'm sure we will here more.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
I wonder who is the true nasty party, at least they are not chucking bricks through each others windows. I heard briefly on the news this morning that Labour are having to suspend certain meeting until after the vote for leader for fear of more violence. I only caught part of the item but I'm sure we will here more.
No some take it out on the poor and disabled much better class of bully in some parties.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 10:59 AM

Are you meaning me Julie?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 11:00 AM

Only if you are an MP in the Tory party.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Barry you don't half talk a load of crap!!! - how can being a member of a Trade Union or receiving funding for their election expenses involve a conflict of interest??? Trade Unions are made up of thousands or millions of people and decisions made by the Trade Unions are subject to democratic process. Contract that with Theresa May's husband who manages £Trillions on behalf of his clients, many of whom are trying to 'hide' a lot of that money from the Inland Revenue. Theresa May, as Prime Minister is actually 'First Minister of the treasury' - if that isn't one huge conflict of interest I don't know what is.
It would be hard to argue that the unions are both the paymasters and therefore the puppetmasters of the Labour movement Uj, and can rule policy much more than someone's spouse working in private industry, but like I also said a conflict of interest is important only in how you choose to deal with it. Your implication is that Mrs May would favour these companies because of her husband's involvement which is questionable at present, but the favouring of trade unions policies by a Labour premier is always a definite.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK

13-07-2016, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You know full well that lie you perpetuate about the Conservatives is just that a lie. You do it to divert attention from the incompetence of your beloved Labour.

If you cast your eye over the press recently or on the news will here people mentioning some of the benefits for the poor, the living wage for instance or the increased tax allowance and a few more I could mention.

I think you are being over protective of Joe so perhaps you don't need to jump in quite so quickly when someone disagrees with him.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

13-07-2016, 11:16 AM

You know full well that lie you perpetuate about the Conservatives is just that a lie. You do it to divert attention from the incompetence of your beloved Labour.

If you cast your eye over the press recently or on the news will here people mentioning some of the benefits for the poor, the living wage for instance or the increased tax allowance and a few more I could mention.

I think you are being over protective of Joe so perhaps you don't need to jump in quite so quickly when someone disagrees with him.
I have no idea what you think the tories have been up to the past few years the austerity measures have deeply harmed many poor and disabled people while they protect the rich. My beloved Labour Party ? I have only in past weeks felt I could rejoin them as they are only now beginning to get back to a party I can even recognise as labour. And all I call for with UJ is free speech for him and less nastiness when he posts in his style, that's all it is a style of speech nothing to get so angry about.

Living wage ? Well only if you live in a cheap area of uk, increased tax allowance ? Many of us were or are below tax level anyway so made no difference to us.

Bedroom tax, austerity and demonising disabled and poor is what has happened from what I see.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 11:42 AM

I wonder who is the true nasty party, at least they are not chucking bricks through each others windows.
No some take it out on the poor and disabled much better class of bully in some parties.
Are you meaning me Julie?
Hey ho .. the usual member(s) whining about the 'nasty' party.

Can I add one?
I read last night that Cameron has waived his right to a pension on a par with Tony Blair's.
Cameron has said he will take 40,000 per annum when he reaches 65. (Currently aged 49).
Less than Blair. Blair is already receiving 80,000 per annum. He began to take his when he was 53.

Pick the money grabber there.
It might be hard for some on here so I'll allow them two guesses in case they're wrong first time.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2016, 11:44 AM

Oh really??? - so what's your excuse for this despicable policy - Hmmm???

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7023916.html
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

13-07-2016, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Hey ho .. the usual member(s) whining about the 'nasty' party.

Can I add one?
I read last night that Cameron has waived his right to a pension on a par with Tony Blair's.
Cameron has said he will take 40,000 per annum when he reaches 65.
Less than Blair. Blair is already receiving 80,000 per annum. He began to take his 10 years ago when he was 53.

Pick the money grabber there.
It might be hard for some on here so I'll allow them two guesses in case they're wrong first time.
Blair as far as I am concerned wasn't a labour man. He even refused to call the Labour Party labour and renamed it new labour, should have been honest and called it Tory lite.

Page 11 of 29 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top