Join for free
Page 11 of 39 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 04:51 PM

Re: Diana, Princess of Wales

Wasn't there an engraved bracelet connected with Charles/Camilla around the time of his marriage to Diana?
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
To be fair we have all aired our views on this and none of us change our minds so Markey is as entitled to her view as we are Pats.

And as we have all agreed previously none of us really know the truth.

It was reported he was in contact on their honey moon with Camilla, whether he was having an affair with her at that point or not it seems an odd thing to do communicate with an ex while so in love with your wife you are honey mooning with her.

So when the physical act began I think he was mentally not with Diana from the start. He wasn't in love with her when they got engaged who can forget "love ? whatever that means" not exactly enamoured was he ?
My memory is fading.. but wasn't there also a matter of some entwined CC cuff links or some sort of jewlery given to Charles by camilla and worn on the honeymoon? Seems odd.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by valice ->
Wasn't there an engraved bracelet connected with Charles/Camilla around the time of his marriage to Diana?
I believe the wedding was almost called off because of that.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I know Charles wasn't the greatest of ex-husbands, but to have her killed is a great leap.... you would think that would take a better reason than a little embarrassment.
A little embarrassment ? for the royals and a man like Charles ? would be huge. If she had wanted to she could have brought the royal family down and we could be sitting in a republic by now. They were at best lucky she didn't try or died when she did.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 05:18 PM

. But people do find the Diana story fascinating and a great many British people are interested in our Royal family.

Do you really honestly think so, I don't, I think they are the most boring lot there is, my guess is they have nothing better to do than mess about, it is inevitable that they are messing about all the time.

Now I find the Marilyn Monroe story more fascinating, was she bumped off or what?
AudreyII
USA

22-08-2013, 05:40 PM

We are all interested in the Royal Family.. Look at all the Reality TV shows on in the States.. We love that stuff... and the Royal family was pretty interesting back in the 80's and early 90's.. Not just Charles and Diana but Andrew and Fergie.. It was akin to watching a modern day reality show. NOW they are boring.. but not before. The poor Queen had her hands full with that lot.. didn't she?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
A little embarrassment ? for the royals and a man like Charles ? would be huge. If she had wanted to she could have brought the royal family down and we could be sitting in a republic by now. They were at best lucky she didn't try or died when she did.
I think it's a ridiculous notion that she could have brought down the monarchy as, in spite of the infantile mass hysteria at her death, most folks could see her for what she really was, nothing more than a self obsessed "woman scorned", and hell bent on revenge... not a pretty sight.
AudreyII
USA

22-08-2013, 06:02 PM

I think it's a ridiculous notion that she could have brought down the monarchy as, in spite of the infantile mass hysteria at her death, most folks could see her for what she really was, nothing more than a self obsessed "woman scorned", and hell bent on revenge... not a pretty sight.
Oh most definately!!!! How DARE think she had any rights as the legal wife! What a nerve I tells ya.. She should have just suffered it in silence and let Charles have his fun.. Boyz will be Boyz I guess..
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Oh most definately!!!! How DARE think she had any rights as the legal wife! What a nerve I tells ya.. She should have just suffered it in silence and let Charles have his fun.. Boyz will be Boyz I guess..
But they did happen to divorce in 1996 remember and she got quite a reasonable settlement I believe but was still "woman scorned".
She had in fact been dealt quite a good hand and she could have lived a good life, cared for her children and even continued with her many lovers with just a little discretion, had she not been so narcissistic and vengeful by nature, craving the limelight and just loving playing the victim to the masses.
AudreyII
USA

22-08-2013, 06:40 PM

But they did happen to divorce in 1996 remember and she got quite a reasonable settlement I believe but was still "woman scorned".
She had in fact been dealt quite a good hand and she could have lived a good life, cared for her children and even continued with her many lovers with just a little discretion, had she not been so narcissistic and vengeful by nature, craving the limelight and just loving playing the victim to the masses.
Excuse me.. does anyone who marries NOT have a right to expect their spouse to be faithful? Did you expect your wife to be faithful to you? OR would it have been ok with you and you would have shut up about it and enjoyed your life with her because after all... she kept a clean house and was a fine cook. OR would you have had a bloomin' fit and divorced her.. and perhaps taken your own lovers to rub in her face.

I am the very last person to condone marital infidelity.. but don't make Diana the villian either.. there was plenty of hanky panky to go around there.. But from my side of the pond.. it looks like Charlie started it..

Page 11 of 39 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top