Join for free
Page 11 of 50 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 10:18 PM

Re: Staying put.

Not particularly looking forward to tomorrow morning. I've got the men from the subsidence firm coming out to dig down and investigate me bowing wall and cracks. If they are anything like the twits I've been dealing with on the phone - heaven help me!
I've had about 5 phone calls from them, each telling me different arrangements!!! I got pretty cross with them in the end, mucking about, so Gawd knows what they will get up to in the morning here.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 10:20 PM

mups i know how u feel 'ive just sold my house 'and stressed or wot' but havnt moved in yet 'i to am worried over my 3 cats going into a new place 'with workman doing some work for us .. good luck hope it goes fine ...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 10:22 PM

Thanks Toffee, same to you gal.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2015, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Not particularly looking forward to tomorrow morning. I've got the men from the subsidence firm coming out to dig down and investigate me bowing wall and cracks. If they are anything like the twits I've been dealing with on the phone - heaven help me!
I've had about 5 phone calls from them, each telling me different arrangements!!! I got pretty cross with them in the end, mucking about, so Gawd knows what they will get up to in the morning here.
Good luck Mups I nearly had a nervous breakdown with my kitchen leak last spring and 3 different builders giving a wrong diagnosis. Then the man repairing the patio doing what he wanted to do and not what I agreed with his boss and my having to remind him who was paying the bill
Everything is a battle these days
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-05-2015, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Good luck Mups I nearly had a nervous breakdown with my kitchen leak last spring and 3 different builders giving a wrong diagnosis. Then the man repairing the patio doing what he wanted to do and not what I agreed with his boss and my having to remind him who was paying the bill
Everything is a battle these days

Exactly how I feel Meg, exactly.

Well, I got up early this morning, had a shower, gave all the dogs their breakfasts, then made myself a cup of tea and waited for these bl**dy men to arrive. Did they? Did they 'eck!
They told me between 8- 9am. Now, at 8.20, the phone goes and its them, telling me they're not coming today!!!!!
They said the 'crew' had phoned in sick. WHAT? The entire crew?
That's got me off on all the wrong foot today now. I am fuming.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 08:45 AM

Thats really not on Mups.. Maybe you should phone them and say you will have to bill them for a missed appointment.
Bet it wouldnt work though. It only ever works for companies against the individual, but it would be a nice idea anyway..
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 09:37 AM

That's infuriating, Mups. Do something nice for yourself today to take your mind off it. x
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Exactly how I feel Meg, exactly.

Well, I got up early this morning, had a shower, gave all the dogs their breakfasts, then made myself a cup of tea and waited for these bl**dy men to arrive. Did they? Did they 'eck!
They told me between 8- 9am. Now, at 8.20, the phone goes and its them, telling me they're not coming today!!!!!
They said the 'crew' had phoned in sick. WHAT? The entire crew?
That's got me off on all the wrong foot today now. I am fuming.
Doesn't it make you sick Mups it's the same old story with so many of them
The trouble is you can't just tell them to get lost and never to darken your doorstep because there is so little choice out there.
I must say I got pretty close to doing that last year and actually did that some years ago with Magnet and Southern who fitted my kitchen.

The problem is now I am older I can't cope with the hassle

Then people complain about 'foreign workers' but is it any wonder they get the work.
My neighbour's daughter lives on her own in an old house in London . She needed a new kitchen and repairs to a damp wall . A friend recommended a Polish man who turned up on time, did a great job in the time agreed and left the place immaculate.

I hope you don't have to wait too long for your builders .
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 10:53 AM

Today we've had an agent around and we are taking the first steps towards, hopefully, downsizing.

My nerves are frayed already so I can't imagine how you feel Mups!

The valuation we have been given was encouraging and the advice in particular was almost exactly what I have been trying to get my wife to agree on - we don't need to do anymore "tidying" apart from what he have pending. stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2015, 03:32 PM

Oh Mups - me heart goes out to you x

Page 11 of 50 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top