Join for free
Page 11 of 20 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 10:17 AM

Re: Adult to adult debate

Anyway, I am not saying anymore in this thread as l think we've been set up!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Try turning that around, Angel.

If I joined an American discussion forum and instantly tried to change the way they post to suit my own preferences, I shouldn't be at all surprised if my attempts were met with less than favourable responses.
I do agree, I found his lecturing style of post really annoying, has he gone now or was it a just a bounce flounce?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
For the record, Mr Baker, the Frogs hate the British because they have so very often failed to better us. Agincourt, for example. They are jealous of us!

They are also perfidious. We came to their aid twice in the last century - 1914 and 1939 to be precise (that's not 1917 and 1942, by the way!) - and since then they have taken every opportunity to do the dirty on us.
Baa Ha ha! Agincourt?? Just remind us of the French soil you own now after that one great victory in the Hundred Years War? Actually come to think of it at the end of the Hundred Years War you had bugger all other than a vague memory of a victory at Agincourt (of course you don't get taught about the rest at school).

Then there was the disastrous English Armada of 1589 (one year after the Spanish Armada) and something else conveniently wiped from British history.

1917 and 1942 were the years that America came to your rescue. No doubt you have also forgotten their very generous Lend Lease which was neither a loan nor a lease because they gave you everything until the end of hostilities and then loaned you the rest at very favourable terms. With the total lack of gratitude shown it amazes me how nice America still is to you, it just shows how tolerant they are.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 10:54 AM

Has Australia won any wars...yet..without assistance from other nations?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Has Australia won any wars...yet..without assistance from other nations?
Has Australia claimed to have won any?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
Is this an official flounce?
If so we need to know what type of flounce you are using..i.e

1. The genuine flounce. This poster has genuinely had enough of the forum but feels the need to tell everyone so rather than just stop logging in anymore. Rarely seen again.

2. The Bounce flounce. Most frequent. They get their knickers in a knot about something and make lengthy and repeated posts about how they can no longer stand the inability to follow orders about having a debate etc, but then slide back in to contribute yet another post about wanting to debate, something/anything. Guaranteed to be seen again using the same name . Repeat ad infinitum.

3. The Lazarus flounce. Generally gets all excited about Brits not being nice and make a great noise about it Usually seen a few days later in a new ID, clearly identifiable.

Personally I am going for the Bounce Flounce
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I, repeat I, would like to see debates where adults are able to have a discussion on topics of interest. Is this possible ?
problem is

If too many people try debating at the same time it becomes a Mass debate session
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
problem is

If too many people try debating at the same time it becomes a Mass debate session

Bit late Bazza, see post 4.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
1917 and 1942 were the years that America came to your rescue. No doubt you have also forgotten their very generous Lend Lease which was neither a loan nor a lease because they gave you everything until the end of hostilities and then loaned you the rest at very favourable terms. With the total lack of gratitude shown it amazes me how nice America still is to you, it just shows how tolerant they are.
Get your facts right before mouthing off ( and trying to stir it) Bruce.

It was a loan, not a chummy gift. We all know that already.
We paid it back.
Unlike Australia. You settled no loan. It was written off.

There was a mutual agreement reached by the US and the Aussie governments.
Primarily because neither side (least of all the Aussies) wanted to foot the bill of costly shipment of tanks etc etc back to the US (some slightly used in warfare with the odd dent and scratch on the paintwork ) .. and .. add to that, the US arms industry wanted an increased budget to design , test and equip their newly invigorated arms industry with spanking new deadlier weapons of war. Having rather cleverly unloaded all their old stock.

The Aussie government, I believe, simply scrapped it all and dumped it in a load of massive pits here, there and everywhere.
Afterall, every nation does need some national monuments.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2017, 11:28 AM

Time this thread was closed.

'Course, someone could change the direction so it becomes a tiny teeny bit interesting and worth reading...but corny 9 year old schoolboy humour about masturbation just doesn't do it for me I'm afraid

And why do folks keep banging on about the war??

Page 11 of 20 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top