Join for free
Page 11 of 32 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 10:15 AM

Re: Judy Finnegan

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
How about - just for a change - lets hope 'he' has learnt his lesson. Some girls do have 'stupid' written across their foreheads and are taken advantage of. There was absolutely no need for these two to do this, like I said before book a pro..... Anyway, whats done is done - did JF need to make her statement - I say no, others say yes - there we have it, done and dusted - no more to be said from me .......
I always expect more from women for some reason, we have to take care of ourselves and hold ourselves to higher standards. We cannot rely on anyone else to do it for us. Of course I hope he has learned too I thought that would be understood without verbalising it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I always expect more from women for some reason, we have to take care of ourselves and hold ourselves to higher standards. We cannot rely on anyone else to do it for us. Of course I hope he has learned too I thought that would be understood without verbalising it.
Just to say my post was not directed at you but the comments in general relating to the girl
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 10:43 AM

I think if we're a responsible woman ourselves then we do expect other women to act the same. To find yourself so drunk and incapable, then going to a hotel room is completely and utterly irresponsible, no matter who it was with and what happened afterwards. As I said - hopefully this will be a lesson for her and others like her.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Just to say my post was not directed at you but the comments in general relating to the girl
It's OK Patsy I wasn't taking it personally.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I think if we're a responsible woman ourselves then we do expect other women to act the same. To find yourself so drunk and incapable, then going to a hotel room is completely and utterly irresponsible, no matter who it was with and what happened afterwards. As I said - hopefully this will be a lesson for her and others like her.
I agree regardless of the details of this case of which I know little.

I would not step out into the road without looking both ways or put my hand in a flame and that applied when I was a teenager as much as it does today.
Neither would I drink so much I was incapable of knowing what was happening to me or go to the hotel room of someone I hardly knew.
Had I done so I would be throughly ashamed of myself and would blame no one else if bad things happened to me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 02:43 PM

[QUOTE=Meg;548791]

I would not step out into the road without looking both ways or put my hand in a flame and that applied when I was a teenager as much as it does today.
Neither would I drink so much I was incapable of knowing what was happening to me or go to the hotel room of someone I hardly knew.
Had I done so I would be throughly ashamed of myself and would blame no one else if bad things happened to me.[/
QUOTE]

That makes sense to me too, Meg.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Footballer:- Was found guilty so, quite rightly, went to gaol.

His girlfriend:- If she is standing by him then she is remarkably forgiving.

Football Club:- Should make an example of him and not take him back. For some peculiar reason these people are seen as role models and 'rape' should not be included as part of that.

Judy Finnigan:- Was quoting the judge in the case when she said that there was 'no bodily harm'. Both of them should know better. Rape is rape - and rape is always harmful!
Good post ST.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2014, 07:34 PM

I am not so sure I see it that way he committed rape - one rape as far as we know, a rapist for me would be a repeat offender. Otherwise someone who as a teen does something like pinch something from a shop (a lot do) would have to be forever called a thief and we don't tend to be so judgemental.
A rapist is someone who has been convicted of rape.

You only have to murder someone once to be a murderer.
Pats
Lincolnshire

21-10-2014, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Yet again I agree with you Julie. I don't see him as a predatory rapist.
Has anyone suggested he is a predatory rapist?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

21-10-2014, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
A rapist is someone who has been convicted of rape.

You only have to murder someone once to be a murderer.
But he hasn't murdered anyone as I pointed out compare the term with other things like theft etc you are not always considered a thief if you only commit the offence once.

Page 11 of 32 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top