Join for free
Page 11 of 70 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 > Last »
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 03:50 PM

Re: Gay marriage

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it

As far as I know, my lesbian niece who is married to her female partner aren't engaging in buggary - I'll check with her when I attend the naming ceremony of their son.

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Im not anti Gay.

A man who buggers his wife to me is also a pervert.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Baxter8 ->
Don't knock it 'til you've tried it

As far as I know, my lesbian niece who is married to her female partner aren't engaging in buggary - I'll check with her when I attend the naming ceremony of their son.
For some strange reason some people get really hooked on what others get up to in their own bedrooms, I find I odd as no where in any religion does it say spy on other people's sex habits or judge anyone else for what they do. I must have read a different bible to some I suppose

Hope the naming day goes well Baxter and the little one behaves
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 05:10 PM

I think I posted this before...

MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 05:25 PM

I don't share Sue's views, but I hate even more the idea that she shouldn't be able to express them. For me, freedom of speech is pretty much non-negotiable. I would rather someone express their views openly and honestly, no matter who they offend, than have such opinions suppressed - that way lies fascism.
On the gay marriage issue, I suspect that the people really rubbing their hands in glee are the divorce lawyers who are looking forward to a whole new population of clients in coming years!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 05:33 PM

Good post Mick and I agree with it. Simply because it was not of a personal nature to another poster, but how she feels on the subject.
Having strong views meself, I have had people disagree with me and that's fine and to be expected.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 05:41 PM

Sue DID express her point of view.............as did the people who disagreed with her !
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 05:48 PM

To suggest my niece and her partner are perverts is highly offensive and as Azz the moderator has already suggested views that are not welcome here and thankfully the majority of society.

It is very odd that you think divorce lawyers are rubbing their hands in glee at a new layer of clients. Divorce is relatively cheap, a divorce petition is about £100 and is easily done online. What is expensive is sorting out finances custody issues etc.. married or not.

I'll forgive you falling for that common misconception.

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I don't share Sue's views, but I hate even more the idea that she shouldn't be able to express them. For me, freedom of speech is pretty much non-negotiable. I would rather someone express their views openly and honestly, no matter who they offend, than have such opinions suppressed - that way lies fascism.
On the gay marriage issue, I suspect that the people really rubbing their hands in glee are the divorce lawyers who are looking forward to a whole new population of clients in coming years!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 05:48 PM

I think the only reason religion came into it is because some gays want the church background to make it a more traditional setting, assuming the 'Til death do us part' idea and making the bond appear to be stronger, time will tell on that one as it always does. I wouldn't say there are too many church faithful in the gay community, especially after all the stick they get from churches of all denominations.
Baxter8
Somerset

31-03-2014, 05:51 PM

You're so right - folk get very prurient when it comes to other's sex lives. Gives me the shudders.

I think the little lad will be perfectly behaved at his naming ceremony especially with two doting Mums fussing over him!

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
For some strange reason some people get really hooked on what others get up to in their own bedrooms, I find I odd as no where in any religion does it say spy on other people's sex habits or judge anyone else for what they do. I must have read a different bible to some I suppose

Hope the naming day goes well Baxter and the little one behaves
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 05:51 PM

It is offensive to you Baxter, because you have a 'personal' viewpoint on it.
She was not 'directly' insulting your relatives .....
She obviously feels strongly on the subject and that cant be helped.

Page 11 of 70 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top