Join for free
Page 11 of 28 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2015, 11:48 PM

Re: Defiant Charlie Hebdo

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
It wasn't of much interest to many people until the slaughter of innocent people. The extremists have given it validity and a place in history as a unified stand for freedom by the French and the rest of the western world.
Yes, I prefer to refer to it as the slaughter of innocent people, rather than to promote a magazine...........
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 12:11 AM

It is in the nature of the French to satirise - they appreciate the humour of parody and identify with cartoons which mock and ridicule. That's part of their culture. An essential element of being French............all of which is mostly contained within France.

Muslim fundamentalists believe theirs is the only religion and anyone who does not conform to their beliefs does not deserve to live. Muslim fundamentalists do not restrict their culture to their own countries, but wish to impose their beliefs around the world and do so violently.

There are very very many things going on in Islamic countries which are extremely distasteful to Western cultures. I have yet to see huge demonstrations against public executions, honour killings and stonings - to name but a few - in a Western country.

Why then, should we adapt to their tastes in our Western countries? ..................or has Islam already taken over the West?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I hope the profit from the sale of the extra copies of the magazine will be donated to the families who suffered Human losses.
I think that was always the stated intention, wasn't it?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 12:24 AM

It wasn't of much interest to many people until the slaughter of innocent people. The extremists have given it validity and a place in history as a unified stand for freedom by the French and the rest of the western world. Shot themselves in the foot.
Exactly. And as I said in my previous post, the extremists have also facilitated the offence of many many Muslims who would previously have had no knowledge of the cartoons in question, and, but for the shootings in Paris would still be in happy ignorance of any perceived offensive portrayals of Mohammed.

But maybe the extremists hope that by causing widespread offence themselves in this way that they will pick up some followers...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I think that was always the stated intention, wasn't it?
See post 97.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
It is in the nature of the French to satirise - they appreciate the humour of parody and identify with cartoons which mock and ridicule. That's part of their culture. An essential element of being French............all of which is mostly contained within France.

Muslim fundamentalists believe theirs is the only religion and anyone who does not conform to their beliefs does not deserve to live. Muslim fundamentalists do not restrict their culture to their own countries, but wish to impose their beliefs around the world and do so violently.

There are very very many things going on in Islamic countries which are extremely distasteful to Western cultures. I have yet to see huge demonstrations against public executions, honour killings and stonings - to name but a few - in a Western country.

Why then, should we adapt to their tastes in our Western countries? ..................or has Islam already taken over the West?
Good post. Just one thing though. As much as they would like the west to bend to Islam. It will never happen.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

18-01-2015, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
See post 97.
Lazy thing, you could have just edited post 96…
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 12:47 AM

Good post. Just one thing though. As much as they would like the west to bend to Islam. It will never happen.
We are FAR too politically correct and have a tendency to bow and scrape to keep the peace................they don't know the meaning of PC, or of keeping any peace!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 12:48 AM

Indeed a very good post.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2015, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Exactly. And as I said in my previous post, the extremists have also facilitated the offence of many many Muslims who would previously have had no knowledge of the cartoons in question, and, but for the shootings in Paris would still be in happy ignorance of any perceived offensive portrayals of Mohammed.

But maybe the extremists hope that by causing widespread offence themselves in this way that they will pick up some followers...
Quite true. Most Muslims would have been ignorant of the perceived offence.
Unfortunately, followers are being picked up on all sides.

Page 11 of 28 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top