Join for free
Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 05:08 PM

Re: Are There Thread Subjects You Wouldn't Touch With A Barge Pole?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
If you cant take it don't dish it out !
We crossed swords over C Evans.

To my mind your retorts to my posts were moronic.(only on that subject)

But I respect you for that.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am getting bored with the Politics thing at the moment.

I must think of some threads to start and then don't go near them with a bargepole.

Are Boris and Merkel related?

That would be a good one.

Let's face it, they do look similar, same hairstyle and dress sense.

They both have roughly the same body shape as well.

Any body else noticed?
Then don't post on them then.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
NOT "quite". Agent, old mate.
There is a difference.
As I posted at the timeI often poke fun at a post if I think it is strange.
I will respond if abused or insulted.
I DO NOT DELIBERATELY LIE about another individual.
That is gutter-stuff.

I love this site. I really do. 90% of the interaction is within reasonable bounds.
But there has to be a line in the sand.
I am amazed that some seem so wiling to gloss-over such dishonest and outright malicious muck.
I do not "flounce" but with great sadness, I'm beginning to think I must be in the wrong place.

Neither then nor now, not one person has condemned what was said.
Gawd .. I can't be doing with all this.
Either we have a forum where anyone who gets upset or eternally miffed and peeved reports posts, demanding stricter modding or we operate as we do now.
The drawback of the current status quo is there will inevitably be , at times, if only temporarily, other posters who have the ability to nark.
Offset by the fact that we are a mixed rabble which makes for a interesting place to come. No one could ever accuse us of been boring here. I think the people are great. Best place I've ever been.

I can remember getting het up months back myself by a pack of Aussies who seemed to derive great pleasure from teasing me. At least .. I think it was merciless teasing and not meant maliciously.

Pummy ... stop been a big girl's blouse and keep posting. You're one of the quirky characters on here who'd be missed.
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 06:47 PM

no dont think so.I just add to the threads where I can.
but I have none that I wouldn't touch
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 07:02 PM

I don't think many post on a thread where there is a bit of a fracas going on between two members. You can feel the atmosphere and the forum goes eerily quiet!!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Pummy ... keep posting. You're one of the quirky characters on here who'd be missed.
Seconded!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Which subjects or threads would you be most likely to keep away from?
Sometimes the thread title alone makes your skin crawl and you know there's no way on earth you'll ever look in...

There's a thread right now with the title (I'm steeling myself to even type it!) Body Popping Spiders.

I'm trying to find other ways of accessing the site so I don't have to look at the list of titles on the front page!!!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2016, 03:20 AM

Who said human beans are meant to be perfect? Nobody as far as I know. But some people demand it. Why is it so?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2016, 06:16 AM

One could ask Mr Bean.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2016, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I don't think many post on a thread where there is a bit of a fracas going on between two members. You can feel the atmosphere and the forum goes eerily quiet!!
It's a bit like a group of supposed mates, when a scrap breaks out, geezers who should step in to prevent it happening don't, presumably because, they want to see what the resulting hierarchical structure looks like, and, if it will be more beneficial to the self.

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top