Join for free
Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 10:25 AM

Re: Megan

Oh what a shame,, but you have done the right thing for yourself, Megan and the rest of the dogs. Do not beat yourself up, you tried and you have your heart in the right place.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 10:51 AM

Very sad , you will be feeling awful
I hope the breeder is responsible and tells people viewing the puppies about Megan . She should be sold to people who know a little of what she can be like . She may not be the best puppy for everyone . However there will be a right home out there for her and I hope she gets it .
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 11:00 AM

I am sorry things didn't work out as you hoped Mups, but you have done the right thing both for yourself and your other dogs. Some things never go as we hope and you have given it your very best shot, so don't get yourself all upset about it, you have done the right thing. I'm sure Megan will soon be found a home where perhaps she will be the only one and spoilt rotten.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->

I hope you don't hate me and think I am heartless, I feel bad enough as it is.

Mups petal, you come across as the most loving, kind, thoughtful person - both for animals and people, no-one would ever dream of you as being heartless. You tried your damnedest with the little one and it just wasn't to be.

Your Unruly Mob love you to bits and are all breathing a sigh of relief that you made the right decision. You mustn't dare to feel guilty or think you failed with Megan. Be proud that you gave her loads of love and taught her well for the next owner.

Anyway, she sounds like a one-to-one young person's pup, not an old fart like you (joking)

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 11:37 AM

Mups you know you have made the right decision but if you want confirmation just look at your lovely dogs attitudes, now Megan has gone. It has taken me 2 years to get all my cats to accept each other but with 2 coming from my late sister's home and 2 others having nowhere to live, if I didn't keep them, I had no choice but to try.
You may have made it work over a much longer time but how could you have coped with lack of sleep, lots of worry and seeing your older dogs unhappy?Just remember that, if you are exhausted, you cannot look after them in they way you always have.
We all like to think that are animals need us, but often they don't, and I am sure that Megan crying for attention, from you, was because she wasn't settling either. I think you have done the best for all of you, including Megan, but I suspect she will settle happily in a home where she is their total focus of attention.
Now go and make sure that Nellie isn't stealing strawberries.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 03:39 PM

I have a feeling a Beddie puppy would have been accepted more. They like their 'own kind.' They have added various Beddies added over the years without the problems I had with Megan.
It used to be the same when I had my beloved GSD's. They always chose their own kind for company first. My friend with Bearded Collies says her do the same and gravitate towards other Beardies as well. Strange isn't it.

Anyway, thank you so much folks for your kind words. I love each and every one of you lots x x x
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 03:58 PM

Sorry it didn't work out for you Mups but you were right to consider your other dogs and yourself first .... better to have done it now than later when things may have become worse.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 05:05 PM

Sending to my dear Mups ... you've made the right decision
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 05:06 PM

I think a bedlington would have been just fine . I have had whippets for over 25 years and when I got a poodle puppy 8 years ago it was a complete shock . She was so entirely different from any other dog I have ever had and almost the complete opposite of a whippet .
Sometimes when you have had many dogs all your life it's easy to forget that all breeds are entirely different . I had to learn all about poodles and it wasn't easy .
Don't beat yourself up about this . Megan is stll so young that she won't be affected in any way .
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 05:08 PM

I was fond of Megan because..................she tormented you. But you gave her a nice holiday, nowt wrong with that. And you have the pics to remember her by.

Page 11 of 13 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top