Join for free
Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 09:07 AM

Re: Intelligent people swear more ...

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I cannot agree with the writer of the article. Resorting to expletives or blasphemy would suggest to me a lack of intelligence - certainly a lack of vocabulary.
I guess you've never had to work to a deadline and been in a studio where a deal of the time is spent in varying stages of PANIC lol

Yeah ... OK ... we could have yelled " Oh GOSH ! " or something similar
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Resorting to expletives or blasphemy would suggest to me a lack of intelligence - certainly a lack of vocabulary. As for swearing being a necessary part of a relationship - not in my vicinity - I could never form any kind of attachment to someone who used foul language.
There are, of course, times when everyone will resort to expletives or blasphemy but like you Silver Tabby...
I could never form any kind of attachment to someone who used foul language.....as part of everyday conversation.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2016, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Yeah ... OK ... we could have yelled " Oh GOSH ! " or something similar
This reminds me of a phrase my father used to use:

"Shine a light"

Whilst in itself it cannot be described as being in any way an expletive, it takes little imagination to remove two syllables and form a contraction which is!

Page 11 of 11 « First < 9 10 11

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top