Join for free
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 10:02 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Yurr-that's true,that is,spitfire.

I know-coz I'm equalest to every other idiot out there!

[...or should that be 'out here'?...]
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 10:03 PM

Sorry, canvassers are not welcome here.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 10:04 PM

Ummm...Jem.....y'know that theory about bonking monkeys your mate Abert O'Ross had......umm....did anyone explain to him about DNA?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Ummm...Jem.....y'know that theory about bonking monkeys your mate Abert O'Ross had......umm....did anyone explain to him about DNA?
Oh he heard of it alright Pug, but he's one of those old fashioned scientists, stuck in his ways like, says he doesn't believe "In all this new fangled crap", his own words, he likes to do things the hard way.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 10:30 PM

Bbl...
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

08-10-2018, 10:34 PM

Oh,dear....so,expect flying monkeys [why isn't that 'ies'???] and keep yer umbrellas up!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 10:59 PM

They had flying monkeys in The Wizard of Oz, where is he anyway?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Speaking of which.
I have recently taken up the study of birds with some observations on wing powered flight, mans true destiny in the air, we still have a lot to learn from mother nature, and that’s where the real lasting answers lie.
Think of the benefits to our conservation efforts if man could just flap his arms, soar into the deep blue yonder and off he goes to reach his destination.
I believe a Dr. Albert Ross is conducting secret experiments high up in the Swiss Alps, he’s crossing Monkeys with Eagles as a first step, then the result of such a combination will be mated with a real man, even if the result is another male, Dr. Ross is a great believer in political correctness.
By the way, the good Doctor tells me that an egg resulting from a Monkey and an Eagle mating is called a Megg.
It is hoped that when the Megg hatches it will be a Monkey with wings, this in itself will be a ground breaking achievement, good on ya Dr. Albert.
Michael “The Bird” O’Leary has been pestering Dr. Ross for some time now, asking him to get the Monkeys to swallow and digest strips of canvas before the mating process so that the flying Monkeys would have their own built in baggage department, but Ross would not hear tell of it.
I will keep you informed of any more developments on this exciting project. Interesting times eh?
I like to hear of people learning things, Jem. I have just signed up for a short course in Irish History - years 1912 to 1928 - being run by Trinity College, Dublin. Should be interesting.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2018, 11:27 PM

Good Night Possums. X
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2018, 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Speaking of which.
I have recently taken up the study of birds with some observations on wing powered flight, mans true destiny in the air, we still have a lot to learn from mother nature, and that’s where the real lasting answers lie.
Think of the benefits to our conservation efforts if man could just flap his arms, soar into the deep blue yonder and off he goes to reach his destination.
I believe a Dr. Albert Ross is conducting secret experiments high up in the Swiss Alps, he’s crossing Monkeys with Eagles as a first step, then the result of such a combination will be mated with a real man, even if the result is another male, Dr. Ross is a great believer in political correctness.
By the way, the good Doctor tells me that an egg resulting from a Monkey and an Eagle mating is called a Megg.
It is hoped that when the Megg hatches it will be a Monkey with wings, this in itself will be a ground breaking achievement, good on ya Dr. Albert.
Michael “The Bird” O’Leary has been pestering Dr. Ross for some time now, asking him to get the Monkeys to swallow and digest strips of canvas before the mating process so that the flying Monkeys would have their own built in baggage department, but Ross would not hear tell of it.
I will keep you informed of any more developments on this exciting project. Interesting times eh?
heh Jem just asking like "have ya got any mags on this?" - if so could ya please wing me a copy as soon Megg hatches out - this could be a first for OFF - "the Megg fraud leaked by Mags?"

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top