Join for free
Page 12 of 16 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 01:21 PM

Re: Scousers Are The Best People In The World!

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I never judge people by where they come from, because there are good and bad in all areas. I have known lots of Scousers, some are the nicest people you could wish to meet, but I have know quite a few that I wouldn't like to meet in a quiet street on a dark night.
It is a persons personality that makes them nice people, not where they come from!
This upset me greatly Twink:

but I have know quite a few that wouldn't like to meet in a quiet street on a dark night.

But then you cheered me up!

I have known lots of Scousers, some are the nicest people you could wish to meet.
It is a persons personality that makes them nice people, not where they come from!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
What the heck is there to show off about my life? I have nearly totalled myself on many occasions. My childhood was spoilt by the religious fervour of my parents, with threats of hell-fire if I didn't get 'saved'. There was much, much more which 'normal' people would have found very weird indeed.
Oh get over yourself Tara .
How do you know what normal people would do indeed what is normal ?
Every family is dysfunctional in its own way .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 02:13 PM

I am not bragging, I am just stating how it was for me and mine. Its no big deal, I assure you.

As for posh accents, I don't have an accent like the Queen's nor do her grandchildren, it is the ability to speak English clearly and correctly, which is important.
Tara ...have to say you've given endless fun and speculation about your family over the years on forums.
Last theory was, I believe, that you have pedigree and old lineage. A coat of arms, a family seal. Big fishes in a little pond. Old distressed cavaliers who had sugar plantations in the Caribbean staffed with slaves.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 02:14 PM

So you lot are able to talk about your lives, but I am not permitted to talk about mine? I can't help it if mine was different to that of others, it certainly wasn't all sunshine and roses, it could be very hard at times. Severe physical punishment was frequent if I didn't toe the line. I had to help out with my father's horticultural business from the age of 8, it could be very hard physical labour.

And ?
Most children were expected to help out do shopping have paper rounds etc
Physical punishment was often the norm in the past .
Unless you live the lives of others you don't know how different your childhood was to other peoples there is no real norm.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 02:16 PM

Back to topic.

Scousers? I like them. Well I would Mr M is a scouser,
They might seem brash to some but they have a refreshing honesty about them, take things in their stride, can be great fun and are usually one of life's survivors.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Tara ...have to say you've given endless fun and speculation about your family over the years on forums.
Last theory was, I believe, that you have pedigree and old lineage. A coat of arms, a family seal. Big fishes in a little pond. Old distressed cavaliers who had sugar plantations in the Caribbean staffed with slaves.
Blimey Morti.
You are such a very perceptive Lady, and usually get spot on your observations about people.
You even get me right, and this is not easy.
I can tell you! .
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales

07-02-2018, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Back to topic.

Scousers? I like them. Well I would Mr M is a scouser,
They might seem brash to some but they have a refreshing honesty about them, take things in their stride, can be great fun and are usually one of life's survivors.
See!
Read my last post!
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 02:41 PM

I have only known one Scouser in my whole life......and I think he is "just wonderful" to say the least.

He is right here on this over50 forum. He is the one who invited me here.

Bet, y'all can't guess who he is? eh?

PS: If he wasn't already married, I would be on a plane tomorrow, heading over to that Scouser-Land to see if I can't scoop him up.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

07-02-2018, 02:55 PM

Erm .. I don't think been married would bother him overmuch.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2018, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Boozercruiser ->
This upset me greatly Twink:

but I have know quite a few that wouldn't like to meet in a quiet street on a dark night.

But then you cheered me up!

I have known lots of Scousers, some are the nicest people you could wish to meet.
Try reading it i n the order it was written then! My post was saying that it doesn't matter where you come from, some people are nice and others aren't . If you listen to Liverpools local news, barely a week goes by without the reports saying somebody has been killed or harmed there. It is no different to any other city!

Page 12 of 16 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top