Join for free
Page 12 of 29 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 09:31 AM

Re: Whats Next for Brexit ?

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I cannot believe that when I watched her outside Downing street after her getting back from the palace on her first day as PM, that I actually believed what she said and how I thought she was going to make it a fairer Britain. I really did feel that we were getting a caring tory PM. How wrong I was.

There is no such thing !!! - all the scumbag 'nasty party' are careerist opportunists.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 10:47 AM

Please note some posts have been moved to a new thread below to take into account today's fast moving events on leaving the EU ....

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=60211
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->

We need an election Right Now!
What on earth would that solve? Wasn't it an election and an election promise that got you in this mess in the first place?

Your parliament can't agree on anything other than an extension, what do they hope to achieve with an extension? Another marginally different deal that no one in parliament will agree on?

Another election with your first past the post voting could either return the mob you have now or install Labour who seem to have no plan either.

No... you're stuffed!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Please note some posts have been moved to a new thread below to take into account today's fast moving events on leaving the EU ....

https://www.over50sforum.com/showthread.php?t=60211
Fast moving? is that irony?
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 12:22 PM

The woman has no shame at all . She just wants to remain basically whatever she says to contrary .
A witch IMO
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
The woman has no shame at all . She just wants to remain basically whatever she says to contrary .
A witch IMO
It is no secret she is a remainer. Despite that she negotiated a deal that would deliver the outcome of the referendum. Deliver it within the boundaries of the situation, given all the red lines caused by previous agreements, e.g. on the irish situation.
What May has come to terms with is that if you can't get what you want, you may get nothing at all.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 02:38 PM

After PMs questions today the majority of callers to LBC radio are saying they are fed up with the Prime Ministers lies about her deal.
Even the host was saying that she was telling untruths about this "Best Deal" as some of the points she was saying we would get we already benefit from.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Apparently the EU is scared if given a long extention to article 50 we will have to take part in the EU elections, then elect an awkward squad and veto the budget or blackmail them

In a note on the Brexit process reviewed by the commission at its weekly meeting on Wednesday, officials wrote that leaders meeting May at a summit on Thursday faced a “binary” choice of a short delay of*Brexit*from 29 March to before 23 May or a long delay to at least the end of this year, with Britain obliged to hold an election on 23 May for European parliament lawmakers.

“Any extension offered to the United Kingdom should either last until 23 May 2019 or should be significantly longer and require European elections,” the document said. “This is the only way of protecting the functioning of the EU institutions and their ability to take decisions.”

EU states which were due to receive additional legislative seats after Brexit would need to know by mid- to late-April if they would be denied those seats because Britain was staying.

The note also said that in any extended membership, Britain should, “in a spirit of loyal cooperation”, commit to “constructive abstention” on key issues, such as the EU’s long-term budget and filling top EU posts after the May election.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 04:09 PM

Hoorah,sounds as if EU are trying to shorten the process,which gets
my vote, but don't get to excited, they may only be applying
pressure to get Mays deal passed in the hoc,which also in their
Interests,and imo they have already tacitly agreed with her.
Looks like we must now attempt what seems impossible, and apply
pressure to our so called representatives by deselecting them where
they have deviated from democratic principles.
I believe this process has already started.
I have only one question, do you have to be a payed up member of
the political party in question.
WAFU,. Donkeyman.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

20-03-2019, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Hoorah,sounds as if EU are trying to shorten the process,which gets
my vote, but don't get to excited, they may only be applying
pressure to get Mays deal passed in the hoc,which also in their
Interests,and imo they have already tacitly agreed with her.
Looks like we must now attempt what seems impossible, and apply
pressure to our so called representatives by deselecting them where
they have deviated from democratic principles.
I believe this process has already started.
I have only one question, do you have to be a payed up member of
the political party in question.
WAFU,. Donkeyman.
Donkey, not to temper your entusiasm, but the extension could be denied. Since your parliament has ruled out no deal, the only option than is revoking article 50. 🤐

Page 12 of 29 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top