Join for free
Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Asia
Inner Mongolia, China
Asia is male 

25-11-2016, 07:38 AM

Re: BREXIT: The Facts Behind EU Propaganda

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Which is why a labour government under Corbyn will never get in .
All countries have debts no doubt including China which is where a lot of the sweat shop stuff comes from isn't that so?
People can live without it .
I think it will be hard but Britain will survive .
Yes, China has debt, it also has a 6.7% GDP growth rate because it produces. Which means it can also afford to lend around $1 trillion to the US alone and is literally buying up Britain’s assets.

Let me throw this one at the forum.

Since the war, with the odd exception, the UK has always had governments (nanny state), that assume the government knows best. Rather than give money to the government to spread around, I quite like the Chinese method, which acknowledges poverty, but also that the more money people have, the more they’ll spend.

Rather than concentrating on relative poverty, which assumes that if you give money to someone it lifts them up in comparison to those who produce and helps equalise, (which it doesn’t), the Chinese tax luxury items and with that, subsidise basics. So it doesn’t matter how poor you are, the basic items of public transport, rent, staple diet, electricity . . . are cheap, for everyone. In the UK the opposite occurs, where prices outstrip the ability of the unemployed to afford and keeps them in poverty.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 07:39 AM

Hi

I like debates, but when facts are quoted they should be checked for accuracy, otherwise the debate can be seriously misleading.

UK Government Debt is not 500% of GDP, it is just below 90%, UK Government Debt is not twice that of Greece, it is roughly half.

A somewhat different picture than has been painted.
Asia
Inner Mongolia, China
Asia is male 

25-11-2016, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I like debates, but when facts are quoted they should be checked for accuracy, otherwise the debate can be seriously misleading.

UK Government Debt is not 500% of GDP, it is just below 90%, UK Government Debt is not twice that of Greece, it is roughly half.

A somewhat different picture than has been painted.
Your sources?
Mine are Money Weekly.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 07:52 AM

That's the problem even the experts interpret figures and statistical information differently. It's difficult to get unbiased information they all have their own agendas on how to present and predict information as has been proved recently by the National Office of Statistics
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Asia ->
Yes, China has debt, it also has a 6.7% GDP growth rate because it produces. Which means it can also afford to lend around $1 trillion to the US alone and is literally buying up Britain’s assets.

Let me throw this one at the forum.

Since the war, with the odd exception, the UK has always had governments (nanny state), that assume the government knows best. Rather than give money to the government to spread around, I quite like the Chinese method, which acknowledges poverty, but also that the more money people have, the more they’ll spend.

Rather than concentrating on relative poverty, which assumes that if you give money to someone it lifts them up in comparison to those who produce and helps equalise, (which it doesn’t), the Chinese tax luxury items and with that, subsidise basics. So it doesn’t matter how poor you are, the basic items of public transport, rent, staple diet, electricity . . . are cheap, for everyone. In the UK the opposite occurs, where prices outstrip the ability of the unemployed to afford and keeps them in poverty.
China is still one of the worlds poorest countries .
It may have made great strides in combating urban poverty but it is a vast country and there are millions of of rural poor some of who don't even have electricity or access to education.
Perhaps it should deal with that before buying up other countries assets ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Asia ->
Your sources?
Mine are Money Weekly.
Hi

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/unit...nt-debt-to-gdp

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/gree...nt-debt-to-gdp

Baseline figures are from Eurostat, which is the EU Statistics Office.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

25-11-2016, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
That's the problem even the experts interpret figures and statistical information differently. It's difficult to get unbiased information they all have their own agendas on how to present and predict information as has been proved recently by the National Office of Statistics
Hi

Very true Summer, however most of the problems are with predictions.

How much we have actually borrowed as a Government is accurate, even the Government gets Bank Statements.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 08:22 AM

Who do we borrow from?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

25-11-2016, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Who do we borrow from?
Hi

About 70% of UK Government Debt is held by UK Banks, Insurance Companies, Pension funds etc,

In simple terms, we owe it to UK PLC,

The remaining 30% is owed to Foreign Investors, mostly other Governments.

This is where it starts to get complicated, my son and his mates know far more about it.

It would appear, at first glance that a lot of our debt is held by Belgium, a much smaller Country than us, but apparently this is not the case, it is just where it is traded through.

It is at this point in the proceedings when my brain shuts down, they start talking in acronyms, swaps, nominee accounts and other things that bore me.

From what I gather however, Qatar owns a lot of us, as does China.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-11-2016, 09:50 AM

All this financial debate is fine, but the issue of leaving the EU was, for me, much more important than that. It was about freedom.

The EU is all about control of the masses by a political elite. It was sold to us initially as a trading partnership, but that was the first lie of many from a political class which all along had greater plans. Now, thanks to a succession of similarly minded governments and politicians, we were being ever more ensnared into an uncontollable, anaccountable behemoth of an organisation which will eventually rush headlong into an oblivion of it's own making. This is already happening as populations find their countries and traditions being changed beyond recognition by the actions of a remote elite and will inevitably rise up as we have done, and what with that and the ever downward spiral of the disastrous Euro currency project, the end of the EU is surely in sight and good riddance to it.

Whilst it's true we may be poorer for a while we will eventually reap the huge rewards of being our own masters, but what price freedom?

Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top