Join for free
Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2013, 11:41 PM

Re: Why the Mystery ?

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It is unfortunate that most fifty pluses of the male gender would not speak to a child in the street, even if they showed signs of distress, for fear of accusations of impropriety, a sad indictment of the times in which we live.
I saw that happen on the beach - the chap in question looked absolutely perplexed, he wanted to help but was too worried to try. Luckily, there were a few others close by (females) who did help (the little girl had only fallen on the sand but she was screaming blue murder but she was fine).
Grouse
planet earth
Grouse is male  Grouse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2013, 11:49 PM

Not just children Spitfire, i avoid single women when im out and about with my Photographic gear, im usually dressed in muted or camouflage clothing when im trying to observe wildlife. If i see a women coming towards me i avoid any form of contact, as im afraid there is a lot of paranoia about these days

And the same applies when im in the street, we are all observed as closet rapists and potential paedophiles, and i would rather stay far away from women than give them an excuse.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2013, 11:50 PM

It is unfortunate that most fifty pluses of the male gender would not speak to a child in the street, even if they showed signs of distress, for fear of accusations of impropriety, a sad indictment of the times in which we live.
I agree entirely.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2013, 11:54 PM

A jobsworth who worked at a factory where I worked in the 80's drew the dislike of fellow workers who saw him as a yes man. He was accused of interferance by a couple of girls, who were friends of his daughters, and dissappeared from the workplace. The rumour drums rumbled and folks hung drawn and quartered the guy. i exercised caution, but the mob had him banged to rights. In court it became apparent that his daughter and her friends had had a fall out and the whole story was fabricated, this did still not stop the detractors slagging him off.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2013, 11:58 PM

A jobsworth who worked at a factory where I worked in the 80's drew the dislike of fellow workers who saw him as a yes man. He was accused of interferance by a couple of girls, who were friends of his daughters, and dissappeared from the workplace. The rumour drums rumbled and folks hung drawn and quartered the guy. i exercised caution, but the mob had him banged to rights. In court it became apparent that his daughter and her friends had had a fall out and the whole story was fabricated, this did still not stop the detractors slagging him off.
We had a similar thing on the Island when a woman accused a chap of rape - he was arrested, charged and it went to court. At that point, the woman admitted she had lied because he had 'spurned her advances'. Although she was deported from the Island with no return for 5 years, he had lost his marriage, his children, his job, his reputation and most of his friends - and he had done nothing wrong. People really shouldn't prejudge without any evidence or at least grounded suspicion.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2013, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Grouse ->
Not just children Spitfire, i avoid single women when im out and about with my Photographic gear, im usually dressed in muted or camouflage clothing when im trying to observe wildlife. If i see a women coming towards me i avoid any form of contact, as im afraid there is a lot of paranoia about these days

And the same applies when im in the street, we are all observed as closet rapists and potential paedophiles, and i would rather stay far away from women than give them an excuse.
My brother has expressed the same concerns when he goes out walking in the fields and woods with his binoculars, as he studies wild life. He has real worries that he will be seen as a pervert. It's so wrong.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2013, 12:06 AM

The real culprits are probably camouflaged within the Mob.
mesco m
manchester

08-03-2013, 01:34 AM

The real culprits are probably camouflaged within the Mob.
It does not help the mob, does it?
Grouse
planet earth
Grouse is male  Grouse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2013, 09:54 AM

To get back to the OP, ive been on forums for many years, and like most have experienced the problems that can go with them. I provide a bit of profile info, which i do change from time to time. I rarely use anything but the forums, only using a PM if im replying to a request for info on a subject.

I dont mind if members provide little info in their profile, i tend to judge them by their posts over time, as to where they live,does not matter to me.
Traveller
Bangor Co Down and France
Traveller is male  Traveller has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2013, 10:05 AM

My wife and I try to get a walk in sometime each day and, living in a nice coastal village, there are plenty of costal walks we can do. We walk together 90% of the time but sometimes I am on my own. There is a world of difference in social interaction in those walks. When we are together we exchange pleasantaries with nearly everyone we encounter; when I am on my own I avoid eye contact and speak to no-one of either gender in case it is mis-interpreted. Recently on a walk we came upon two girls about 8 or 9, one of whom had a bicycle with a chain off the sprocket. We stopped and I had it fixed in seconds as they watched speechless. Wouldn't have happened if I had been on my own! The look on their faces as we walked on was priceless, they had never spoken the whole time. It is a sad state of affairs that exists nowadays but that's just the way it's going to be, we will never be able to go back to former times.

And for the very same reason, misinterpretation, I have hardly ever looked at anyone's profile on any forum, especially if I am already aware that the person is female. So, to be honest, I really don't care if people don't put their detals on, that's their own business. I have very little on mine.

T

Page 12 of 17 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top